What's new

Target Collection Numbers

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Just curious if anyone has a target number for their collection. I’m sure most people’s number grows as their storage capacity grows, but just curious if anyone thinks this way based on average consumption vs ideal rest.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myself I don't have a target. My collection user to be much larger but over the years I have smoked a lot of it up. I don't buy CCs so I don't worry about aging the cigars I buy because most of them really don't need it. I also buy a few every week, so they are also rotating.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I try to stay around the 400-500 mark. I don't want to require much more space than that at this point in life. May go bigger one day, but not right now.

when injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ye i just stop buying when the humi is full...
Ha, this was me for the first couple months, then I discovered tupperdores. I’m trying to keep everything, including my NC tuppers, in my 251 in an attempt to thwart that pesky CAD.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
In a perfect world; enough to smoke now while aging choices to sample (keep hands off) at a later time (5 years, 10 years)

In reality; getting purchasing lost until stepping back and saying, “shit, I need to get rid of something” or “I need to slow down for xxx period of time”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy what I can when I can. Really just depends on funds and availability. You can always add more storage via some Boveda packs and tupperware, but you can't go back and buy another box or pair of this LE or that cigar that you really liked at the one place. Generally I have a list of cigars I want to try or to get more of. If I see them, I buy them.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
About 2-3 years ago I sat down and crunched some numbers and figured I have enough cigars to get me well into my 80's. I very rarely buy cigars anymore.
This is one of my favorite games to play, “If I smoke two a week I’ll get to XXX time in the future”. “BUT If I smoke three a week it’s only XXX time... in fact I don’t have enough, it’s simple math hun!”

It’s also my wife’s least favorite game

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is one of my favorite games to play, “If I smoke two a week I’ll get to XXX time in the future”. “BUT If I smoke three a week it’s only XXX time... in fact I don’t have enough, it’s simple math hun!”

It’s also my wife’s least favorite game

It's a slippery slope, that's the way I started. Two a week that became 4 a week. I am now trying to justify 2 a day!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
It's a slippery slope, that's the way I started. Two a week that became 4 a week. I am now trying to justify 2 a day!
It’s funny, I just had my first two a day in years a few days ago and I was thankful that I don’t have enough free time to keep me from falling into that pit.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I buy what I want boxes of things I really like. Storage can always be expanded. So I do not have an ideal so much as I have a tasty grab a box or so mentality.
This I have a small collection of cigars.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Sine-Qua-Non

Sine-Something-Or-Other
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I planned on slowing down once I reached roughly four years worth of stock, which would be roughly 1,000 sticks, but I still find myself wanting to purchase more. I have enough available storage for probably another 10ish boxes, at which point I’ll actually reach equilibrium. Either that, or I’ll just buy another 80qt cooler.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Passing up the sales is the hardest part. I have to drill into my head ….you already have a box and a half of that cigar, the hat, the lighter and the ashtray! or the Toro isn't going to taste that much different then the Robusto

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Passing up the sales is the hardest part. I have to drill into my head ….you already have a box and a half of that cigar, the hat, the lighter and the ashtray! or the Toro isn't going to taste that much different then the Robusto
Constant reminder for me as well... followed by a sad moment after questioning if the pass was the right decision.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I told myself that I would quit buying if I ever hit the 3000 mark,, I lied. The last few years I’ve only bought ‘necessities’ and have been whittling the number down to something more manageable . I don’t have any plans to increase storage space but I am planning on consolidating everything into a small walk-in.