What's new

Tat Black PL box

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Is it ok to leave the entire tat black box in my coolidor or is the lacquer bad for the rest of the cigars? my cooler's full and i had to play cigar-tetris to get the box in there, but if i take the cigars out of the box i'm afraid all the other boxes will crush the PL's.

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
I would put the box in a ziplock for one day (inside the humi). If the fumes were heavy inside the bag after one day, I am not sure that I would keep em in the box.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
I did notice in the ziplock it came in a mild lacquer smell. It did not enter the cigar box. I'm not complaining.
It wasn't strong enough for me to be worried about it. I'll check it again after a day and see about smell.
If worried, try to figure out a way to remove from box,put them on top of the heavy stack?

Last edited:

diesel

Banned
Rating - 91.9%
78   5   1
I heard that they fit in the Davidoff Gran cru No.2 box perfectly. I have head this topic being discussed recently. I am seeking out a Davidoff box, I have singles on the way.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
This was mentioned in the original thread that began a month or so ago....Hopefully Pete will weigh in.

Following the Drac, I feel pretty confident that the same issue won't be repeated.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I put the entire box in a large desktop humidor, and I haven't had an issue with lacquer smell inside of it.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I believe the issue with the other Tat box was the lacquer on the inside of the box and they were still gassing off odors. The box I got seemed fine to me and 99% of my sticks are in boxes so there is no issue in the coolers.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Thank you for all your input. i smelled the outside of the box and there was a very faint odor. It wasnt not much, so i'm not worried about it. i just left it intact in the cooler. :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
just let the box air out for a couple days. change in rh for a few days and then back again won't hurt them