What's new

Tat Drac Track

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This would probably be the reason according to their site:
I'm at a physical address (rather than a PO Box, and we all ordered them within a 30 min span I believe.

I was thinking that since they oversold them it probably took a bit longer to sort out which orders to process and which to throw out.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I'm at a physical address (rather than a PO Box, and we all ordered them within a 30 min span I believe.

I was thinking that since they oversold them it probably took a bit longer to sort out which orders to process and which to throw out.
True, but all orders were placed after 3pm EST, hence the reason they went out the next day, no worries.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I was visiting a buddy of mine that lives a minute from Maxi's Cigar Lounge in NY, so we took a ride over to check out the shop. He had 1 drac left and 2 Boris' left. I asked how much for one of each and he said, $50.00.

WHAT!?!? No thanks!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Got a box today and the retailer had opened it up. He called me and said he was holding it and when I got there it was open. I asked him about it and he said one of the guys in the shop didn't know it was held and he was going to put it out as singles. He said "Some other guy said something about some tickets in these or something?"

I truly believe that with this shop that may have been the case - but it still makes me suspicious. Oh well, I wanted it for the sticks - but a ticket would be really sweet.

I've heard a couple other stories of retailers selling full boxes but the cigars are opened and/or unwrapped.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I was visiting a buddy of mine that lives a minute from Maxi's Cigar Lounge in NY, so we took a ride over to check out the shop. He had 1 drac left and 2 Boris' left. I asked how much for one of each and he said, $50.00.

WHAT!?!? No thanks!
What a bargain!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Got a box today and the retailer had opened it up. He called me and said he was holding it and when I got there it was open. I asked him about it and he said one of the guys in the shop didn't know it was held and he was going to put it out as singles. He said "Some other guy said something about some tickets in these or something?"

I truly believe that with this shop that may have been the case - but it still makes me suspicious. Oh well, I wanted it for the sticks - but a ticket would be really sweet.

I've heard a couple other stories of retailers selling full boxes but the cigars are opened and/or unwrapped.

That's extremely common, and it was expected. Pete made a comment at one point that there may end up being no unopened boxes around, as most shops would open them up before selling the. So Pete fully expected many if not most of the Spooky Tickets to go to the shops -- again, this release was all about helping out the struggling B&M industry.

By the way, the tickets would be on top of the paper, I'd assume, as opposed to inside the paper ... so there really would be no reason for them to take off the paper.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0

I was the guy that told him about the tickets so I do believe that he was telling the truth....

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I was the guy that told him about the tickets so I do believe that he was telling the truth....
Cigar Merchant Alpharetta?

Yeah, David's been cool with me the couple times I've been in. He DID save a box of Dracs for me afterall. :D I guess with the tickets it amplifies the want for the sealed box. I think with any other box of cigars you wouldn't think much about it.

I didn't know that this was expected/intended though, thanks for that info.

kmckinn3

Learning from the best
Rating - 100%
117   0   1
Cigar Merchant Alpharetta?

Yeah, David's been cool with me the couple times I've been in. He DID save a box of Dracs for me afterall. :D I guess with the tickets it amplifies the want for the sealed box. I think with any other box of cigars you wouldn't think much about it.

I didn't know that this was expected/intended though, thanks for that info.
I live 3 min from there