What's new

Tatauje Noellas Reserva

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I know that Pete Johnson and Don Peppin have been getting a ton of good publicity this year with the Tatuaje brand (among other Peppin creations), but all hype aside I've really fallen in love with these cigars. Pesonally, I don't think there's another NC that can even hold a candle to the Tatuajes.

This is a pic of samples from my current Tatuaje stash:

In particular, what I'm talking about here is the little guy on the left...the "Tatuaje Noellas Reserva" cigar, aka "Noellas Oscuro". It's a 5.125" x 42 and sells for $8.00, same as the regular Noellas next to it.

These are a special release, marked with the "Reserva" seal on the box. They are the same size and blend as regular release Tatuaje Noellas, but they use a specially selected oscuro (dark/black) aged ligero wrapper normally reserved for the Cojonu 2003/2006 cigars, but fermented a bit longer than normal (supposedly by accident). The leaves that were used for the Noellas Oscuros was too small to be used as a wrapper for the Cojonu 2003/2006, so a special limited release of ~200 boxes of these Noellas cigars was created.

My local b&m received two boxes last week (although you have to be a club member to buy them). I opened the first box a week ago, and as of today when I snagged a couple more, I'm still the only person who has bought any. Personally, I don't think the folks there know what they've got. The box of 25 Tainos (the big size) they have has nearly sold out in 1 week, but these rare little guys are just being ignored, I guess since most people opt for the larger cigars.

I love this little cigar. It's got the same basic flavor as the regular Tatuaje cigars, but with a touch of extra chocolatly richness you only get from an extra-fermented wrapper. I only wish they were larger, because I too typically prefer a bigger vitola, but I guess that's all they could make with the limited wrapper they had available.

If I had the money, I'd buy every last one of them they have.

:inlove:

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
My local B&M has at least a box or two of one of the Noellas. Next time I'm there I'll have to check out which one it is! I think these cigars are great.

TYLER

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Yup, I love the Tats. :hearteyes

When you go in, look for the box that has a second corner band, a black one that says "Reserva", like this

(pic hoarked from Moki's site):

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
While in TX last week I bought a few Cojonu 2003/2006 these R great Smokes, I also enjoyed Tatuaje Noellas Reserva.. I will be ordering more of these..

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Packaging taken straight from Cuba's book. Good marketing.
Yup, I agree. And I believe that's all driven by Pete Johnson; none of the other Peppin-made cigars are quite so Cuban-esque in their marketing.

I mean, the cigars are made in Little Havana using traditional Cuban methods by a dozen recently-emigrated Cuban rollers overseen by a Peppin, a Cuban Master Roller/Blender who's only been here 5 or 6 years. Shoot, it just makes sense to play up the Cuban-esque style in the marketing.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I haven't smoked a reserva yet but love the Tat's. We did a box split a few months ago.

BradMc

Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Yes we did, and I had a couple of those aready also, the reserva today was an outstanding smoke. Tom if u like Tat's, I think u will really like these reserva........

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree that the Tatuajes are great. To me, though, the brown labels are overpriced. I have had a few of the Havana VI's and like them just about as much, but for less money. Haven't tried the Series P's yet...

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I actually like the Havana VI's as well, and for the most part they are very, very, very close in flavor to the regular brown label.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup I am on the band wagon as well, anything that Pepin touches I pretty much love and have except for a few Tat's I am working on.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Yes we did, and I had a couple of those aready also, the reserva today was an outstanding smoke. Tom if u like Tat's, I think u will really like these reserva........
Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box splitBox split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box splitBox split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box splitBox split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box splitBox split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split Box split, box split, box split

BradMc

Rating - 100%
148   0   0
If you want to do a box split on the Noellas Reserva, I can buy the unopened box at my b&m; they're just sitting there...
Duane:
I'll go for a fiver or what ever it takes to help get a box of Noellas Reserva.....:thumbsup: