What's new

Tatty Black

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi Brothers (and Sisters),

Does anyone know what's going on with Tatueje?

I have 3 Black Corona Gorda's left from a purchase about a year-year and a half ago from one of our sponsors (and best online experience around) which are just beautiful smokes. Delicious and one of my all time favs.

I have since bought two 5ers from a volume site at great prices.

Problem is 1. They aren't even the same size 2. The wrapper is very much lighter in color and 3. They have zero flavor. Like, throw-out sticks.

I don't want to bring bad press to Tatty because they have always been superior. Just wondering if anyone has information as I'm really disappointed. Pic doesn't do size difference justice.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Maybe you received Tat Browns? :unsure:

You would think that if there has been a blend change there would be some kind of media.

I'm curious if flavor dissapointment could be the cigars haven't aged or rested enough? As high as prices have gotten and with the popularity of the brand exploding, distribution may have sped up and the cigars you recently received are still kind of fresh? I wonder if taste will improve with 6 months in storage?

I need to rummage through my humi's and see if I can find the ones I just received. If I can find them I'll try to show side by side pics,

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you. Both 5ers, first one bought a year ago, and the new one, are both the same in color, size, and blandness. Don't want to start a firestorm as I have huge respect for Pete and his lines. Just, so different that it is striking.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a black label for vacation last year and had a similar experience. I remember thinking that maybe the proximity to the river or the elevation may have taken some of the magic out of the smoke.

However, I had no issues with my Monster Cazadores sampler or Havana VI Verocu cigars smoked at home. That is another reason I thought it was the setting or just me.

Maybe they had to substitute some leaves due to production issues or change farms due to crop problems. That may be why it only affected one line.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Mike I think you might be onto something. I’ve never been a tat ho but I like several

I never found consistency in the black. I have a few. They’re ok. I think some of the energy has been invested in some of the other cigars offered. My personal favorite is the jibaro
#2 specifically

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks, all. Tat's are still superior cigars and I'll go with some of the others.