What's new

Tatuaje Black PCR Review

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
If you are like me you read that title and said "wait.... what?". That's right, a Tatuaje Black in the PCR size, complete with closed foot and slight nipple cap.

Pre-light draw was that of hay and what I best describe as a chocolate type of flavor. Wrapper has minimal veins and shows that "stitched" look you see on the Black series. Draw seems good, let's light this sucker up!

I lit this with a soft flame so I could purposely get that wrapper "hit". What a blast that was. Very dry and almost a little harsh because I took a huge puff. The retrohale was intense!

As I got past the foot and got in the cigar it was a very open draw that had hints of the flavors of the pre-light draw and a touch of a peppery finish.

The room note is very pleasing as I rest the cigar between puffs and it has settled down a bit from the first third. A bit more leathery profile creeps in and it now is reminiscent of the Black PL. Picking up a bit of cedar on the retrohale.

Final third is just more of the same enjoyable smoke, and similar to the second third in flavor and complexity. Leather and cedar have picked up with a burn still to the retrohale. I have found that the ash doesn't hold very well past 1/4", but that is pretty consistent with the PCR

Before you going asking where it came from or what the deal is, from what I know this was done at the factory for a handful of guys with no intent as of now to put in production. Only a small number of these were produced and I am posting this review with the blessing of the person who gifted it to me.

Final smoking time was around 45 minutes.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Talk about a white whale. Nice review Craig. Love the pcr size, would like it in multiple offerings.