What's new

Tatuaje Black Tubos Cigar Review Video

kaelaria

CigarObsession.com
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

This 6×52 torpedo stick comes packaged in an aluminum tube and cedar wrap. It offers a dark chocolate wrapper with a slight red hue, a satin texture with very slight tooth, tight seams, minimal veins and a slight barnyard aroma. After toasting the closed foot and adjusting the head cut, the draw was perfect, smoke output was great and the flavors were dominated by a medium-full bodied smooth, rich pepper and spice. The first third develops to a light and airy leather with a deeper earthy pepper and spice, though not as intense as the first light. Smoke output is good with smooth rich smoke. Burn is ok, needing a touchup. The draw gets a bit snug and I clipped the head one more time. 30 minutes in at the 1/2 way point flavors have mellowed to a smooth creamy medium bodied smoke with a slight sweetness, earthy oily finish and good bit of pepper & spice. It is requiring a slight touchup every 10 min or so to prevent tunneling. Ending at 1 hour, the last third continues the same experience since the 1/2 mark, ending with a bit of power punch.

http://cigarobsession.com/cigar-reviews/tatuaje-black-tubos-cigar-review/

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
From release til now these cigars have always given me a different burn situation then other sticks. I can't call it a "problem", I think it's just the way this tobacco burns. Namely, it burns very slows and the inside tends to burn better then the binder/wrapper. So the cigar only stays lit on the inside if I don't smoke it fast enough. I find my self hitting it with a lighter every 5-10 mins.
Now, for me this is very unusual. I think I smoke a bit faster then most. I burn a Churchill in 45-70 mins. So adding flame isn't normally needed, except on this cigar.

But I love it. Had about 20 black tubos so far and I'm bummed to only see a few remaining.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks for the great review as always Bryan. Dying to try these. Can't find them anywhere. Anyone know where these are?

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
So after 7 months or so, how are these Tubos comparing to the Robusto for you guys? I just love those give-away robbies.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Mighty fine review as usual Bryan, thanks! :thumbsup:

I personally thought the Red Tubo's were a bit hardier smoke....which I liked! :cbig:

Last edited:

Billinois

The boss with the sauce
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I also appreciate your reviews. I listen to them while I am at work. I am new to smoking, so I always appreciate the little pieces of advice you give out aside from the reviews of the cigars themselves. Also, I appreciate how in depth you get on all aspects of the smoke, from the draw to the flavors, to the smoke production, etc.

Keep it up and I'll keep following!