What's new

Tatuaje Broadleaf Collection -- meh?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I'm lucky enough to have a local B&M that bought 3 boxes and has just been opening them up to sell them as singles (they are not exactly moving like hotcakes -- 2 boxes still unopened, and only 1 variety in box #1 has sold out).

I have smoked the J21 and the lancero. And I have to say... meh.

I like Tatuaje. I think several of the Skinny Monsters are really good, and the Kreuger might just end up being the best Monster yet (give it another 6 months). I love the black label petit robusto. The La Verite 2013 robusto is delicious. I have a handful of Noellas Reservas from a 2013 box I bought, that I am hanging onto like grim death, because they're so chocolatey and amazing now.

But these broadleaf reservas taste like greasy dirt. They all smell the same. The two, very different RG versions I tried tasted exactly the same, and didn't change at all during the burn.

What is your honest review of them so far? And if you're not in love, do you have any reason to think they will improve with age?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Had a few and all of them were fantastic.

But I know others have not felt the same way. I've heard that the bigger ones are better now and the little ones need time. Either way, I think they'll age great. I have regios from 2012 that are smoking fantastic right now.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've bought a couple of the K222, J21, Cojonu 2003 and SW from my local but haven't smoked any yet. I heard a lot of other people say they needed time, so I haven't even thought about breaking them out yet. Perhaps later this summer or fall I'll smoke one up.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tainos and the SW are the standouts. Mine were purchased in September '16.

I waited a couple of months before smoking any of them.

Pete confirmed his favorite is the SW.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I know this is an older thread, but man I've tried several of these now and they all have a horrible bitterness and the cigar does not change with literally no sweetness or floral flavors that I usually find in Tatuaje Broadleafs to balance out the bitterness. Extremely bummed I purchased these, complete waste of money.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
is this Conn. broadleaf?

even so ,big range of quality among broadleaf.

sad..............:sorry:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I agree, the whole CBL market is just garbage. Every now and then you’ll find one that stands out and is decent but it’s a rare sight
I agree, the whole CBL market is just garbage. Every now and then you’ll find one that stands out and is decent but it’s a rare sight
Tabernacle, Mi Querida, Tatuaje TAA's are always on point. I know you smoke a lot of CC though, so I can understand.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Tabernacle, Mi Querida, Tatuaje TAA's are always on point. I know you smoke a lot of CC though, so I can understand.
I’ll take a J21 over a Tat TAA tho. I got a box years ago when famous had $100 off a 200 order for Black Friday and that box lasted a few weeks. It was great.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I’ll take a J21 over a Tat TAA tho. I got a box years ago when famous had $100 off a 200 order for Black Friday and that box lasted a few weeks. It was great.
The J21's I've had in the past have been phenomenal. The J21's in the broadleaf collection taste completely different, like dirty butt cheeks. That's a heck of a deal bro!