What's new

Tatuaje Havana VI Victorias (Corona Especial)

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Well, I just got through smoking one of these little treasures. Got interupted for a few, but enjoyed this one. A Tatuaje Havana VI Victorias. This is one of the red label smokes from Pete Johnson, which we all know was blended with and made by Pepin Garcia. It is a 6" x 38, a small, but long cigar.

Most folks know that the Havana Series are great and this one adds to that line up. Pre light inspection had a nice dark wrapper with small veins and some oil. The typical spice protruded from this cigar, reminding me of CC's and their spiciness. Prior to the cut, has a nice tail on the crown, like the Cabi's do. After I cut the crown, the spice taste came through on my tongue, as well as an earthiness.

It lit well and produced great blue grey smoke. The flavor was spicy with pepper, dark coffee and hints of licorice. The draw was incredible and continued this way during the entire smoke. The burn was very even and I did not have to re-light this one at all.

It had a great finish with no harsh after taste. Continued to display the typical spiciness apparent on all Tatuajes. This is a full flavored cigar.

Overall this cigar was a great smoke. Considering it is not one of the reserve cigars, it shined like it. I rate it a strong/high 8 and will continue to smoke this one. It was a great smoke when time is limited. It was a little busy tonight, but I got 45 minutes from it. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if I had a nice adult beverage to enjoy with it.

Respectfully submitted.

awhitaker

HoosierOTL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had my first Havana VI Victorias tonight and absolutely loved it. This is just my second Tat. My first was the J21 which was awesome as well. I think I'm on my way to becoming a Tat whore.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks for the review. I've smoked more than a handful of the Nobles and Angeles sizes, but I have a Victorias in the humi that I might have to kill in the next few days now. :hearteyes

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Mighty fine review there Bill! :thumbsup:

I have smoked the Angeles and Nobles and just tried the Verocu No. 5 today.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Great review! The Victorias is my favorite of the line, by far. I'll smoke an Angeles too, but the other sizes I usually trade or gift away--not that they're bad at all, it's just that if I'm going to smoke a Havana VI, it'll be a Victorias.