What's new

Tatuaje Havana VI

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I choose the Nobles size which is a 5X50 robusto. The Havavna VI has a small red label versus the US rolled brown label. This is a nicaraguan puro, wrapper, binder, and filler. The wrapper is dark and a little rough with a perfect triple cap. Straight cut, the pre-light draw is strong tobacco and woody. Fired er up and got hit with a huge amount of smoke. Medium draw, firm but easy. First puff was a little harsh but smoothed out nicely. I found some black pepper and wood the first third. The I cigar got stronger as I went transitioning into a semi-sweet chocolate with definite sweetnes coming through. I uibbed it and it lasted about 50 minutes but then I smoke too fast at lunch Lots of smoke through out. This is a very good cigar for the price and a nice addtiton to Pepin's lines.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I have smoked the brown banded Tainos as my only Tatuaje and the black pepper ended up being the predominant flavor the entire length of the cigar.

Youe description makes these seem slightly more tame.

Might have to order that sampler as my next buy. :thumbsup:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have smoked the brown banded Tainos as my only Tatuaje and the black pepper ended up being the predominant flavor the entire length of the cigar.

Youe description makes these seem slightly more tame.

Might have to order that sampler as my next buy. :thumbsup:
Much more tame in my opinion. The tatuaje brown label taino made in miami can still kick my ass. This cigar was more flavor and less hit.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice review! I've tried 3 or 4 of these and they just don't really do it for me compared to the other Pepin smokes that I like. I would much rather go with a Tat Regios or Padilla Miami or for an every day smoke, a blue label.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Good review, I have only had the brown lable ones and I was not to impressed. I might have to ty a few more to make up my mind.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Good review, I have only had the brown lable ones and I was not to impressed. I might have to ty a few more to make up my mind.
I had a similar experience with the brown labels when I first tried them. Make sure you rest em a bit. I love these cigars now.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I choose the Nobles size which is a 5X50 robusto. The Havavna VI has a small red label versus the US rolled brown label. This is a nicaraguan puro, wrapper, binder, and filler. The wrapper is dark and a little rough with a perfect triple cap. Straight cut, the pre-light draw is strong tobacco and woody. Fired er up and got hit with a huge amount of smoke. Medium draw, firm but easy. First puff was a little harsh but smoothed out nicely. I found some black pepper and wood the first third. The I cigar got stronger as I went transitioning into a semi-sweet chocolate with definite sweetnes coming through. I uibbed it and it lasted about 50 minutes but then I smoke too fast at lunch Lots of smoke through out. This is a very good cigar for the price and a nice addtiton to Pepin's lines.
Smoked an Angelos, or something similar, yesterday while waiting for Rach to get her hair cut.

Pretty much the same experience...a little too spicy in the first half for my liking.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
That was an Angeles, PC size that Todd smoked. Spicy beginning no doubt and gets a tad harsh on the end is my problem with them thus far. That box code is from NOV 06. I am sure these will mellow nicely in several months time.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
That was an Angeles, PC size that Todd smoked. Spicy beginning no doubt and gets a tad harsh on the end is my problem with them thus far. That box code is from NOV 06. I am sure these will mellow nicely in several months time.
Yep, the PC. I got a brown labeled Unicos, a white labeled Corona Gorda size and the cigar Chucked smoked as well.

Picked them up in a shop in the KC area.