What's new

Tatuaje Help

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Okay, I've just recently started to smoke the "Brown Labels". What are the differences between them? I think I've picked up the following -

Plain Brown Label has a Habano wrapper
Brown Label / Reserva - Connecticut wrapper - Maduro / Natural??
Brown Label / Capa Especial - Sumatra wrapper

What about the Cojonu with different years? What is their story?

These are some very tasty cigars and I'd like to know a little more about them.

So far I've had a few each of the first 3 i listed and i think my favorite has been the Capa Especial. There is just something about that one that has a little more wow for me than the other 2.

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I know there is a website or blog about all the tatuaje cigars...just can't remember what. Where's Justin on this "Twenty5"...He'd know!
See Post #4

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Tatuaje is my favorite brand that Pepin does. The original brown label and the reserva is about as good as it gets. The 7th capa's wow factor can be attributed to the connecticut broadleaf wrapper - almost chewy sweet!

The Cojonu series has a significant amount of ligero added to them to produce extremely full strength, full flavored cigars. The name itself translates into "Balls" A new Cojonu size will be released every 3 years, 2012 being the most recent. The year refers to the year the vitola was introduced, not the year it was made. Cojonu's original wrapper was the ligero wrapper but this year it has been introduced with Sumatra as well as Broadleaf.

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I am bumping this. It seems as though the other thread needs updated a bit.

Anyone have any other input?

Thanks

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Tatuaje is my favorite brand that Pepin does. The original brown label and the reserva is about as good as it gets. The 7th capa's wow factor can be attributed to the connecticut broadleaf wrapper - almost chewy sweet!
The Cojonu series has a significant amount of ligero added to them to produce extremely full strength, full flavored cigars. The name itself translates into "Balls" A new Cojonu size will be released every 3 years, 2012 being the most recent. The year refers to the year the vitola was introduced, not the year it was made. Cojonu's original wrapper was the ligero wrapper but this year it has been introduced with Sumatra as well as Broadleaf.
I thought the Capa Especial had a Sumatra wrapper :dunno:

Rating - 100%
22   0   0

Sorry about that - I was confusing the 7th Capa with the 7th Reserva. Too many good sticks to keep it all straight!

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Sorry about that - I was confusing the 7th Capa with the 7th Reserva. Too many good sticks to keep it all straight!
No worries. You are right - too many good sticks. That's why i was trying to figure out whats what. Thanks

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
There's a pretty good breakdown on the Tatuaje website, in the "Smokes" section - http://www.tatuajecigars.com/site/smokes/

It's incomplete, but it answers a lot of the questions in this thread.

-Charles
Thanks Charles.

I previously viewed that on my phone and it would not load the images, so i didn't know what was there. But now i'm on my laptop and i can see and access everything.

Thanks a bunch