What's new

Tatuaje Little Boris

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Corona Cigar Company released a Tatuaje Exclusive Series called the Little Boris. There were 500 boxes made with 10 cigars to a box. Fortunately, for those that do not live near any of their three B&M locations in Florida, Corona Cigar Company took pre-orders via its website. Purchases were limited to 1 box. They sold out quickly.

Size: 5.5 x 49
Wrapper Color: Colorado
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Price: ≈ $8.00

When reviewing the Little Boris, curiosity will certainly ask you to draw parallels between it and the Boris, the lone cigar in the Tatuaje’s Actor Series (as of 2012). I’ve left a spot within this thread to post a review on the Boris, which I’ll smoke later this week; I will not make any flavor profile comparisons until that time.

prelight and uncut images
The wrapper on the Little Boris looks nearly identical to a La Reloba Sumatra wrapper in vein structure and mottled/ patchy coloration. The wrapper is certainly darker than the original Boris’s wrapper, at least compared to the cigars that I own.

first third flavor and description
I got a nice initial pepper blast. About half way into the first third the spice mellows out a lot, and I pick up a rich flavor of cocoa and coffee. The underlining complexity of flavor has a hint of something like raisin with a slight sweetness to it.

second third flavor and description
There is also a hint of minty cocoa on the finish that develops. The first third richness of the cocoa and coffee flavor settles to something smoother. I’m enjoying the flavor profile a lot.

final third flavor and description
Into the final third I get that complexity of flavor that I experienced in the first third, like a raisinish sweetness to it. But as I get to the final inch, the minty cocoa finish re-emerges. The flavor intensity at this point is certainly back to the up-front qualities experienced in the first third. The aroma slightly burns the back of your nose and the overall experience of flavor, aroma, and finish is on the cusp of sensory overload. Wow!

overall
It’s a fantastic cigar. I’m ecstatic that I pulled the trigger on a box purchase! I can’t wait to revisit the Boris and make some comparisons to how the Little Boris compares to the original.

Last edited:

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
[Placeholder to make some comparisons to how the Little Boris compares to the original Boris]

Nemo

batsh!t crazy
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
Thanks for the review. Really makes me wish i had gotten a chance to try them! Maybe i'll get lucky and snag a chance to smoke one here soon.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great review! I hope they do a second release because it sucks I had to miss out on the first release! :frown:

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Great review I am close to trying one and as far as the poll goes I am sure most of the yes votes would buy more than one box so 500 would go as fast or close to it as the first 500 did. If I like them as much as you do I would buy as many as they would let me up to several.

Sorry posted about the poll before I knew it was closed.

Last edited:

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Great review bro...Glad it was me who hit you with your first OR Boris...created a monster!! LOL
Yes you did sir! I was very fortunate to secure a box of the OR Boris from a great BOTL and had a few since.

I guess one closed thread is just not enough.
I've edited out comments concerning the poll. Good call! I posted it just prior to or soon after the conversation went south in the other thread, without realizing it! Now the review has no peripheral information... just talking about the cigar.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Thanks for the review.

I am glad I only picked up a 5er. I was extremely let down by this release. I guess you can't love them all.