What's new

Tatuaje Mexican Experiment Toro

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Tatuaje Mexican Experiment Toro- 5 3/4 x 50

Great looking box pressed toro firmly rolled. Smooth medium-dark chocolate colored wrapper with light veining throughout. They were a little moist when I got them so I let this one sit out for a day before I smoked it. Pre-light draw had flavors of hay and sweet cocoa with a perfect resistance after a small snip.

First third started off with earthy sweet tobacco flavors with a slight spice on the back of my tongue and throat. Spice mellowed out quickly bringing tons of thick, chewy, sweet tobacco flavors with woodsy and cocoa notes. Smoke is very smooth but super flavorful leaving a pleasant aftertaste in my mouth. Great aroma coming from the cigar. Excellent so far!

Second third some flavors have mellowed out a bit especially the sweetness. All the same flavors are still there but an earthy cedar taste is more dominate now, still very smooth and producing lots of smoke. Still enjoying it very much!

Final third has an earthy woodsy flavor with a slight char taste (not overwhelming or unpleasant though). Hints of sweetness and dark chocolate are left on the aftertaste. With about an inch and a half left it started to become a little harsh even though I could still taste some of those good flavors in there but I decided to put it down.

The cigar burned great the entire time. A little wavy here and there but always self corrected itself. Ash held strong the entire time forcing me to knock it off manually to not make a mess. Strength wise it was about a medium to upper medium. Smoke time was about 1 hour 35 minutes. The first third was my favorite part of the cigar, I thought it was simply amazing. The rest of the cigar was also really good just not as tasty as the first third. I thoroughly enjoyed this Tatuaje and am looking forward to revisiting it after they sit in the humi for a little while. I would definitely rank this up there with one of my favorite Tats that I've smoked so far!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Thanks for the review bro! I smoked one of these and thought it was on the sweet side with a more medium profile. To me this was like a dessert smoke or a smoke that would complement a morning coffee greatly.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks for the review bro! I smoked one of these and thought it was on the sweet side with a more medium profile. To me this was like a dessert smoke or a smoke that would complement a morning coffee greatly.
Agree 100% I am curious if this experiment will turn into a release in the near future

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Wow, this one sounds like a winner! I hope it becomes a regular release.

I LOVE sweet cigars, so this sounds right up my alley. My ideal cigar right now would basically be a sweeter version of the Barclay-Rex (though I LOVE it now as well). Really sweet & really spicy!