What's new

Tatuaje Porkchop - "Pass the applesauce Mable!"

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
While perusing some boards, I found out that Pete had released a very Limited stick to a good friend of his, Jose Agosto from Gloucester Street Cigars in Boston...Jose is the person who came up with the idea of the "Monster" series (the "Frank" was released last October, and the "Drac" will be released this October). The name "Porkchop" came from Jose's nickname, which he has had for quite some time...

There will only be 100 boxes of 25 sticks each produced, and as of this review, about 45 boxes have been sold.

The wrapper is slightly oily, and has some veins in it, and is caramel in color. The Wrapped foot is a Great look, and I am glad it has only been put on a few specific sticks...It keeps it special :)

* Country of Origin: Nicaragua
* Wrapper: Nicaragua
* Binder: Nicaragua
* Filler: Nicaragua
* Format: Robusto
* Size: 4 Inches
* Ring Gauge: 46
* Est. Price: $9.00 (before taxes)

It lit up easily, and the first three puffs are filled with "Tat Twang", ie, a mix of pepper and spice that made my mouth tingle...This calmed down after a few puffs, but the pepper stayed on...The taste at first was slightly sweet, an almost Cubanesque taste, and mixed with the pepper, I was in cigar heaven...

During the second third, the pepper and spice dropped about 80%, and the sweetness took over, with the main flavor being a creamy caramel, with a bit of citrus thrown in...

During the last third, the cigar started burning hot, and a taste of cedar was very apparent...The spice picked up quite a bit, and so did a nice earthly flavor that continued until the end...

All in all, a GREAT stick, one that I enjoyed quite a bit...Great flavor, and with just the right contrast between the Pepper/Spice and the sweetness...

Final Verdict: I give this stick a 92, and I have another box on the way :)

Some Final Notes:
~The Porkchop is a blend of Esteli and Jalapa and rolled in Miami.
~The Wrapper is similar to the wrapper on the J21 (according the Pete, "Similar priming but just a lighter shade")
~The Wrapped foot KICKS ASS.
~This was a short, fast smoke, taking just 43 mins to smoke to the nub
~This stick is VERY complex, despite it's size.
~Although this stick has been compared to the Bombazos by some people (in relation to it's strength), it is not THAT strong...it is a Strong cigar, but unlike the Bombazos, it retains flavor without overpowering the smoker with it's strength.

If you are looking to buy a few, the only place you can get them is at Gloucester Street Cigars...(617)-424-1000.
~brooks

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
GREAT review and spot on there Brooks. I'm so thankful to you for hooking me up with a few Wednesday night. I think your assessment is spot-on.

It's a fantastic little smoke. All throughout the smoke, I kept saying "man, this is a GREAT smoke" !!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Very nice review Brooks and of course, the photos are professional. I'm thankful to have smoked one of these with you at the Havana House.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The Photos are sick dude.......You have a talent and I like how you take a pic of your reveiw books....Great added touch.....

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks for the review Brooks, amazing as always.

My mouth is literally watering and I am trying to figure out what Tat to smoke tonight after work.

Shouldn't have blown my cigar budget for this year already! ;)
I fear they will be gone in no time!

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Brooks you need to do some advertising work on the side, you make the cigars look tastier than any bride I've ever seen!!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I smoked my only one today and OMG...it was friggin' awesome!!! One of the best sticks I've had in a long time. I was really digging that caramel like flavor...

Wish I had more.