What's new

Tatuaje Wolfie

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0

I was going to smoke this yesterday, but things happened (namely the weather for the previous couple of days) and the patio furniture at my in-laws was soaked. But today was nice so the kids and I enjoyed a day playing in the yard. Mostly they played and I smoked a cigar, but hey we all had a good time :grin:.

The Wolfie is the smaller version of the Tatuaje Wolfman, which was a pretty good cigar (if you're interested my review of it is here). Appearance wise this is a beautiful cigar, much like it's bigger brother. Cap clipped cleanly, draw was perfect and contained a strong spice (cinnamon/nutmeg) and a pleasant sweetness. It was so good that I just sat there and enjoyed the cold draw for a while. Finally fired it up with the trusty Ronson and it lit easily.

Most of the cigar was dominated by a rich spice and caramel like sweetness. As the cigar progressed there was a woody component that showed up, then increased in intensity until it was the dominant (though only by a little and was complimented well by the other flavors) flavor towards the end. The burn was a little off, but it was windy today and smoking outside seems to usually produce a less than razor straight burn. No biggie, a few touch ups were all that were needed. The smoke output was great. All around good cigar and great smoking experience. I look forward to trying the rest of the Little Monsters.

Dan

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Nice review, thanks Dan! Need to revisit one of these as they were also good rott. Smoked an OR Wolfman for this Halloween and it was great!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've never had any Tatuaje before but this sounds like something I'd really want to try, specifically the caramel notes.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just scored on of the little monster samplers at my local b&m for retail Im really looking forward to this one and all of them in the sampler for that matter, how would you say it compares to the others in the box?

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I just scored on of the little monster samplers at my local b&m for retail Im really looking forward to this one and all of them in the sampler for that matter, how would you say it compares to the others in the box?
At this point the only other one from the set I've smoked is the Frank Jr. Between the two, they're both good. If given a choice I'd probably smoke more of the Wolfie though. We'll see how that changes as I smoke the others.

Dan