What's new

Tatuaje Wolfman

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I managed to only get a single when they came out and have been sitting on it since release day Oct 13. Today I went to my B&M and managed to score a box. Came home, dug deep into my humidor and pulled out my single to light up. Have I made a huge mistake buying a box? I keep my humi at a solid 65% with the use of Heartfelt beads and had kept the Wolfman in the cello at the bottom. The cigar was a tad dry, and it showed smoking. The stick was packed well and had no soft spots but the draw was extremely loose. Flavor wise, I was not blown away. I felt like i was smoking La Riqueza. I was underwhelmed. Has anyone else felt this way about the Wolfman? What are your opinions on aging potential, and is it possible before I smoke another that I need to put it in a humidor above 65%.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
You must have got a dud. I've smoked a couple now, and both have been outstanding. No draw issues, and the flavour was great. I'd put these up as one of my favourite cigars. Not the very top, but certainly up there. I hope that your box turns out better than your first.

Xingpao

Tobacco Whore
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'll be happy to buy half the box from you so you won't have to deal with cigars you don't like :)

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Everything I've heard has been positive. Could have been a dud and could have been something else going on. Only thing stopping me from the one I got is the weather right now.

Dan

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Gonna have to agree with the OP on this one. Grabbed a 5'er from Atlantic when they had them and smoked 2 on different occasions about a month and a bit apart and both times the wolfman was just OK. They were kept at 65/65. Not saying it's a bad smoke...just wasn't in my wheelhouse. Think the saying goes different strokes for different smokes. Sent 2 off to good homes and kept 1 to smoke this Halloween.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but think I read somewhere here that Pete prefers to store his smokes closer 67RH so the oils in the tobacco don't dry out.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Gonna have to agree with the OP on this one. Grabbed a 5'er from Atlantic when they had them and smoked 2 on different occasions about a month and a bit apart and both times the wolfman was just OK. They were kept at 65/65. Not saying it's a bad smoke...just wasn't in my wheelhouse. Think the saying goes different strokes for different smokes. Sent 2 off to good homes and kept 1 to smoke this Halloween.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but think I read somewhere here that Pete prefers to store his smokes closer 67RH so the oils in the tobacco don't dry out.
If oils dried out at 65... Why would people store ISOM'S at 59-62?

I understand the fact of less chance of a plugged cigar... But i think anywhere above 60ish for nc and cc and you should be fine!

but then again we are comparing apples to oranges... different cigars smoke better at different rh..

Last edited:

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

Mirrors my experience. Mine was good at 63RH, not great. Will try wetter and see how it goes. I have 7 to experiment with.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
If oils dried out at 65... Why would people store ISOM'S at 59-62?

I understand the fact of less chance of a plugged cigar... But i think anywhere above 60ish for nc and cc and you should be fine!

but then again we are comparing apples to oranges... different cigars smoke better at different rh..
Agreed. Didn't say that I believe the oils in the tobacco dry out at 65RH, was just pointing out that is what I believe I recall reading. Everything is subject to interpretation, just like everyone's experience with a cigar is different.