What's new

Taxes are done!

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Did my taxes this morning pretty stoked! Thank you Harley (my daughter) for the extra grand! You just bought daddy a new flat screen and a box of PSD4s lol.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I worked as an independent contractor for a while last year. Am I correct in saying that by law the employer has to get my 1099 in the mail by 1/31?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still owe the IRS for some issues I had a few years ago but I may finally have them paid off with this one. If I have any leftover I don't even know what I'll do with it...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would imagine your duaghter cost you a bit more than that though, but children make up for it in other ways. This will be my first year being able to file a joint return. I was told there is a good chance we will get a little more that way.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Our accountant figures ours both ways...joint and singe and each year we file depending on which one gives us the most in return. The last three years it has been jointly.

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I would imagine your duaghter cost you a bit more than that though, but children make up for it in other ways. This will be my first year being able to file a joint return. I was told there is a good chance we will get a little more that way.
Most certainly I got back A LOT more than last year being able to claim head of household my wife is staying home with Harley until she starts school so that made a big difference!