What's new

Tell me about your beans!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Been looking at getting into coffee more and was wondering what everyone's preferences were when it came to beans. What regions do you prefer? Those of you that order online, what sites do you recommend?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm having some Jamaican Blue Mountain right now. It's not the big bold arse kicker but I enjoy it. Wife got it for me at Xmas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand new bag of Ethiopian Yirgacheff from a local roaster here, in Mobile, AL this morning that is fantastic.
Personally, I like single-origin coffees, my favorites being Guatemalan Huehuetenango, Ethiopian Yirgacheff and Kenyan AA. Bienville Blend from Carpe Diem Roasters and Stereo Blend from Heart Roasters are both great, too. Could talk coffee all day, though, so I'll leave it there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Cameroon,Flores,Congo,and Yunnan,China.........

Really,though,I have gotten good beans from about everywhere except India.
Malabar,Mysore,and others taste like garbage to me.except for the ones that are reminiscent of dirty diapers...............
I only roast my own,so if you are looking for green beans,Burmans,Sweet Marias,Bodhi Leaf,and Gen X. For already roasted,
"Killer Beans" has some interesting items,and check out their Cocoa mix called BIG TUBA,with ginger,hot pepper,and I forget what else,really excellent cocoa..........

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I don't think I could ever narrow it down to favorite region, I like it all. I usually order from local roasters. I generally order from http://www.cartelcoffeelab.com/store/ or http://www.oldbisbeeroasters.com/Default.asp. Cartel has a few shops in Phoenix and Tucson, Old Bisbee is just a guy in a shop with a roaster. I prefer medium to light roasts, I think they are far more flavorful than the darker roasts.