What's new

Temp Issue

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
What is the best way(if there is one) to drop the temp in my Avallo 1200? I keep my humidity at about 65% and my temp stays at 75-76 and I would like to drop it to around 72. Is there anything that I can do besides buying a cooled 1200? BTW...I keep it in a room that does NOT have direct sunlight.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
yes, if your room is small enough, a window unit, or 1 of those portable AC units that uses a vent hose. Its a helluva lot cheaper than a cooled cabinet. Just try to get that 1 room cooler than the rest of your house.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
Still having the temp issues in my Avallo. Is this anything to be concerned about? Is there a way to keep the fans running longer than 5 second intervals at best? I also noticed that my sticks in the back of the cabinet tend to be more moist than the ones in the front. I'm assuming that it's because my cannisters are in the rear. My temp stays consistent at 75 degrees and i'm keeping my humidity at around 67-68% because I don't like for my sticks to get dry and crack.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
In my opinion, 75 degress really isnt too bad. I have stored cigars at 75 degrees for extended periods of time, with no beetle outbreaks. One warning though, if stored at higher than 70 degree temps, humidity level should be adjusted down. I had a friend loose about $5000 worth of cigars to a beetle outbreak. His temp didnt change, but it was the humidity level that went up. So get that humidity level down a bit. Your cigars wont dry out. There are many experienced smokers (including me) who keep there cigars at the 60-65% level. I have a lot of cigars, and I dont consider any of them ruined because I keep them at lower than "normal" humidity levels.

You mentioned fans running for 5 seconds. The circulation fans should run for about 1 minute. Give me a call so that we can get that straightened out. 1-866-679-9926. Talk to you soon, Ron.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
In my opinion, 75 degress really isnt too bad. I have stored cigars at 75 degrees for extended periods of time, with no beetle outbreaks. One warning though, if stored at higher than 70 degree temps, humidity level should be adjusted down. I had a friend loose about $5000 worth of cigars to a beetle outbreak. His temp didnt change, but it was the humidity level that went up. So get that humidity level down a bit. Your cigars wont dry out. There are many experienced smokers (including me) who keep there cigars at the 60-65% level. I have a lot of cigars, and I dont consider any of them ruined because I keep them at lower than "normal" humidity levels.

You mentioned fans running for 5 seconds. The circulation fans should run for about 1 minute. Give me a call so that we can get that straightened out. 1-866-679-9926. Talk to you soon, Ron.
Should I wait and call you on Monday or can I call you later today?

Thanks for your insight on the temp/humidity issues.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
call me this evening
Ron..I ran the test just as you suggested and unfortunately when I raised the humidity all fans ran but for no longer than SEVEN seconds and stayed off for just shy of a minute. I'll pm me you with my cell for additional thoughts.