What's new

Temperature

sleepydoc

Gas Passer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, humidity is no problem with my Cigar Oasis, beads, etc..... but

I have a difficult time with the temperature of my 1000 count glass door humidor. I have it in my study, and would like to keep it there for aesthetic reasons, but the room tends to stay on the warm side. My humidor wants to climb into the 74-77 degree range, which gives me beetlephobia. I guess I could freeze every box that comes in, but I'd like keep the temp lower if I could.

I thought I saw someone mention some type of "cooler". I'm not familiar with anything like that. Can someone enlighten me?

Gracias!

Kevin

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
A cooler wouldn't really help your problem either. All it is, is a coleman or some other make of cooler that you put your drinks or beer in. I suggest either turn down your central a/c or turn off some vents in rooms you don't use regularly. Also to help cool it down you can move it to a central part of the house or away from windows and the outside wall of your house. I'm not sure of your setup, just suggesting.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ok, got this from another site...the same question basically was asked and this guy who answered has done this before...

You could order something called a Peltier (pronounced Pel-T-ay) unit, which is basically the solid state component that keeps wine coolers cool. It would be easier and cheaper to do that than rip apart a wine cooler. I was thinkng about retrofitting my Aristocrat cab with something like this;

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=86