What's new

Temporary winter lounge facilities aka garage

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Ha! I love the baby crap that's being saved for "someone who might need it". I have 5 years of that in my garage. Know anyone that might want 30 burp clothes, 15 rattles, and a squeaky mat?
It's not being saved! Most my aunt took yesterday, the rest is going to my wife's friend. Otherwise I'd put it on curb when no one was looking :)

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Dig the man cave déco. That route 66 sign is awesome.
Why can't you smoke longer before opening the door? Odor sip through?
That Route 66 sign actually is a souvenier from Route 66 Auto Museum. On route Freakin 66.
Wife and I sat with the owner and his wife and chattted for a bit after I toured his museum. I got pictures.

Anyway, I gooled later and discovered you can get the same signs online from 200 different venders. So I should have had the proprietor sign mine. :banghead:

Yeah Herfdog I will bring up the door for a few minutes when it gets too smokey, then drop it down again. Our bedroom is above the garage, and I don't want to get smokey. It's a single garage. You're not going to smoke in there for an hour without 2 or 3 refresh cycles.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Before & After. Highlights include A real base (rolling) toolchest, which bumps the bottom cabinet to the right.. as a table now, and garage computer upgrade. Shit clean up & put away.
Like I said, this turned into a few days, fixing the stucco wall behind it, paint, ect.

Last edited:

Hamm

Bacon
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Awesome setups, guys. In the winter, my garage is my lounge. Folding chairs, and a 32" tv mounted on the wall. Just picked up a heater from Harbor Freight. Sits on top of a propane tank, and works great. I've been looking fro a pair of seats out of some sort of vehicle, but haven't found any good ones yet. Trying to find some that are heated, so I can try to use that function. In the summer, my back patio is my lounge.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I need to go to route 66 some day.
My son-in-law was over Clovis NM AFB. So wife and I visited and then reserved a day trip for ourselves. The Billy the Kid museum in Ft Sumner was a cool stop too. Hung out listening to stories with the owner, Don Cherry, If I remember correctly.
Rt 66 is kind of like the movie "cars" . Drive for an hour, hit a town. Drive for an hour, repeat LOL ect. People are pretty laid back. And welcoming. Tourist traps are fun.