What's new

Tennessee Dave turned loose in Bourbon Country part 5 and last I think

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
On to Four Roses. Lots of construction and expansion going on here as well. Since the building complex is on several historical landmark list the expansion project is very tightly regulated. Being a long time member of the Mellow Moments Club they presented me with two tall copper toddy mugs. We tasted all 3 regular productions and I picked up 2 bottles of the OESV recipe Single Barrel Private Selection picked by Brent Elliot, the new Master Distiller. I was treated like a king here.
IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg IMG_4129.jpg

Last stop of the day was Wild Turkey. We just missed the last tour of the day so had to be content with visiting the gift shop. All of the Wild Turkey products were available in abundance. Enjoyed reading the story wall and hearing the legend of how the name Wild Turkey came about.
IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg
IMG_4136.jpg

Back to Bardstown. We decided that since it was entertainment night at Mammy's to have dinner there again. Afterwards we partook of the 130 selection bourbon bar and then called it an evening.

Breakfast this morning was courtesy of Haldorn's Bakery which has been in business for over 80 years. Old fashioned bakery goodness right there. Then is was back to the cottage to pack up and start the trip back to Happily EverAfter. It was a memorable trip indeed made even more special by being able to share it with my daughter and son-in-law.

Yes. I did pick up a few bottles.
IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg
IMG_4153.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoyed all the pics. My wife and I hit the trail a little over 2 years ago. We did a short 2 day trip. Day 1 was Jim Beam, Heaven Hill, Maker's Mark and Town Branch Distillery. Day 2 was Woodford Reserve, Wild Turkey, Four Roses and Evan Williams. We didn't tour everywhere, but did get souvenirs and stamps for the passports everywhere. Swung by the Chamber of Commerce in Louisville for the free Tshirts, and headed 2 hrs north to get home. Awesome time. I'm looking forward to going back to Maker's Mark to buy my "Ambassador Bottles". Your pics make me miss the place.