What's new

Tesa Cigars

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
What can anyone tell me about this brand? I'm working a "luxury living" home show later this month, trying to design & build LEED Certified homes. I just looked over the list of other exhibitors and realized that, along with Ferrari & Masaratti (sp?), Tesa cigars is exhibiting. I've been going to IPCPR for a number of years now and know quite a few manufacturers. I can't for the life of me say that I've every had one of their cigars or even seen their box art. There's a website but I don't really trust them. Share with me your experiences.
Thanks

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Nicaraguan sticks from Estali and they have a nice lounge in downtown Chicago.

They always seem to have an ad in Cigar Press Magazine, as well.

I have never been, but a friend of mine just recently check out the lounge and said it was "really nice," which for regular cigar nuts would mean above average. He said, "you have to smoke their cigars there, which wasn't a big deal, and I had a good time."

He brought me two back, but with all this limited stuff flying around and the generosity of some of our members (Bob!!!!) it's been tough to get to them.

That's all I know, hope it helps.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think i had a La Hara or something from them. Uncelnino shared one with me i think a few months back. I smoked it but can't remember the experience, so it must have been forgettable...

This post helps not one bit, does it? :waving:

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Well, I've learned more than I knew before I posted but I am still interested in anything else.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i got wondering after you posted so i did my research it they seem to offer a very full-bodied Nicaragua smoke. it's rolled a Chicago resident. i'm going to try and get my hands on some to try.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
BTW, I can't stand when lounges INSIST that you smoke their cigars only. To me, you invite the friendship and encourage the congregation of those with similar hobbies. I understand you want to make sure people don't take advantage of the place to smoke but people will come back and be more interested in what you have if you don't cram it down their throat first. Well, at least I would...

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I don't know much either, I think I have smoked one but also don't remember much about it. I know that Dale and Bob on Dogwatch have smoked them, try PM'im Dogwatch Dale.

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
BTW, I can't stand when lounges INSIST that you smoke their cigars only. To me, you invite the friendship and encourage the congregation of those with similar hobbies. I understand you want to make sure people don't take advantage of the place to smoke but people will come back and be more interested in what you have if you don't cram it down their throat first. Well, at least I would...
They pay the rent.......

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
They pay the rent.......
I didn't say that they don't have a right, I said I didn't like it. I also can't stand that my wife won't let me light up in the family room when I'm watching a movie but that doesn't mean I don't understand her right to make the rule. :hammersma
:crying:

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I stopped by here last night and it was a cool place, big screen tv lots of leather chairs. I bought a couple of sticks from them and will try it in the next day or two and report back.

Best regards, tony

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
I stopped there a couple of weeks ago. The owners are a couple of young guys that have a factory in Estelli. There dad is the third partner. The guys from Drew Estates help them procure their tobacco. I had one of the full cigars. Not bad, but nothing that made me want to go out of my way to get more. The lounge is ok, but nothing to right home about. I, for one, don't have a problem with them enforcing the "smoke our stick" rule. Just my humble opinion.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm going to bump this thread because I am heading over there in a hour and a half for some happy hour drinks and cigars. I have been there a few times and really enjoy there stuff. I will try and do a review of whatever it is I pick up.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Where's this place in Chicago? I live on the southside and wouldn't mind makin a small trip over there.

And I know I could look it up but its Friday and I'm being lazy :sleep:

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've heard there sticks aren't dog rockets but not anyting memorable. I've also heard how they sell at different events and find it amusing. You can find some old posts on other forums where they interject.