What's new

Tesa Vintage Especial Rothchild

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Tesa Vintage Especial Rothchild

(Yes this company leaves the S out in the name)

5*50
Connecticut wrapper
Nicaraguan binder/filler
Pairing: Angry Orchard, and glass of pelligrino with a splash of lemonade
Gift

image.jpg
9:22
It took about 5 puffs for it to mello out initially. Smokes about a medium in thickness. Definitely a mild to medium stick at this point. Very clean on the retrohale, there is a distinct woodsy note I would classify as cedar. The retrohale has a spice note, not pepper closer to mint. Very quick finish, no taste left in mouth other then cedar within 15 seconds of puffing.

9:38
Great construction, triple cap, minimal veins, razor sharp burn line. Slow burner, deep musty earth tones up. The woodsy-ness is gone, pepper is absolutely up in retrohale. It snuck up on me haha.
Ok got roasted marshmallow for a second there. Up to medium body/strength.
Not mistaking this cigar has a clean finish and tastes like roasted marshmallow right now. I suspect the earth tones were the 3 puff change segment that got my attention. Ash just fell 1 1/2 inches down. I did not ash on myself but did not make it to the tray unfortunately...
image.jpg
9:59
I'll call this the halfway mark. Definitely a medium. I was expecting even less strength, the Connecticut wrapper was misleading. Smoke is super cool in temperature, I have to say the construction is great here. Impressed. Woodsy notes are coming back slowly. Pepper was momentarily noticeable in this shift back to woodsy notes. The finish is getting a bit longer. Strength reminds you it's there occasionally and dies back down. Cotton mouth up. Let it sit to test how long it stays lit. Lasted 1 minute and 30 seconds no problem, at full ember still.
image.jpg
10:13
Feel like I should be drinking a dry champagne with this. It leaves a dry mouth feel at this point (second/last third) but it compliments the short finish which is back. Getting a cooked salmon/oak taste. I know the salmon is an odd description but its a smoked salmon smell that you get from the taste right now. This cigar is like a meal right now. I stand by that flavor, that's real, I haven't had salmon for days and I am getting that taste.

10:25
Last third officially, might have smoked this a little quick but it doesn't seem like it. Woodsy back up, finish is a little longer but not much. And it has maintained the medium strength and body. Probably got another 10 minutes on this.

Conclusion:
10:36 - end
With no band and this flavor profile, and immaculate construction this is a special cigar. If I came across another I would save it at the bottom of my humidor and smoking it at my wedding (if I ever have one) or a big moment in life. The cigar demanded respect and it smoked like a king. One note though, it ashes with no warning. Got lucky and missed myself every time haha.

-Broadleaf

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I haven't had a bad one from them yet. This is a great review, good job man. I can see the salmon flavors, some of their cigars are meaty to me.