What's new

Testing

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, that seemed to have worked.

Now for the Pelidor pics.

This is a pelican 1620 that I have set up as a humidor.

Outside Dimensions:
24-5/8"L x 19-1/2"W x 14"D
Inside Dimensions:
21.4"L x 16.3"W x 12.6"D

The boxes are filled with various singles. The contents of the pelidor have actually changed a bit, these are older pics. Most of the top shelf is about 2 years old.

Alan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty cool Alan.

Never would have thought of that. How many cigars does it hold?
I'm figuring that it will hold at least 300. If the boxes are set in properly.

The really nice thing about my pelidor is that I haven't had to add any water to keep RH at 67/68 steady. I set this up in the spring time and haven't touched it since I set it up back in Feb of last year.

Alan

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
My only concern is that if it is indeed waterproof, then I must assume that it's airproof.

If no exchange of air is regularly occuring, I'm assuming you must have to open it often?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only concern is that if it is indeed waterproof, then I must assume that it's airproof.

If no exchange of air is regularly occuring, I'm assuming you must have to open it often?
At least once a weekend, have to take smokes out or replace them! :)

Longest it's gone unopened was about 7 weeks when I had pneumonia, and it was fine.

Alan

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Those big airtight cases come with a purge valve. you could open the screw just a little bit. If you are opening the case once a week, nothing to worry about.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that thing looks like a mini bomb shelter Alan!!!!!!!!

Yes Dre, I shelter cigars for bombs. If I send one your way, I'll be sure to mark it sex toys, so you don't get hit with all sorts of tax implications.

Alan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great set-up...how much did that whole deal cost ya...if you don;t mind me asking
Well, I was able to purchase it wholesale, I work part time with a dive shop. The 1620 will run you around $300, but don't quote me.

The humidification is handled by 1lb of 65% beads and a single foam humidification unit.

Alan