What's new

tethering a cell phone

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Are you interested in doing this? What cell phone do you have?

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I can't help you on tethering that specific phone, but for what it's worth, I know a lot of people who tether their iPhones without a tethering plan and have no issues.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
You need to "unroot" your phone. You can use Unrevoked Forever, then install wireless tether from the market. If you have questions, send me a PM. If not done correctly, you can seriously F up your phone.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
i just want to use a usb cable to enable 1 device.
I do this with my blackberry. there is a standardized process for these smartphones now, pretty easy really. I think the only requirement is your data plan... on my BB I have unlimited data, so I'm not charged extra for tethering. no special software necessary, all functions of windows and the phone.

check out this link (which I think links to how to do it for non BB phones):
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Using_BlackBerry_As_Modem

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
pdanet is a free piece of software that works well, you install it on both your pc and your phone...and it works fine.

I agree. I use this and its great. It is available for Android and I think other phones also. They let u sample it for a while then u have to pay a one time $30 fee for the program I think. Well work the money. Then u don't have to pay monthly.