What's new

Texas Cigar Festival 2016

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I would go....

If they had it at a bigger space like Stogies. In 2014 at No Label in Katy was nice but last year at Bayou City Event Center was a great time, except for the rain.

Austinoir

The luckiest guy in Shawshank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fellow Texans (Houstonians),
I'm curious for feedback from you Houston BOTL or Texas guys on buying cigars from the B&M that is an actual liquor retailer. Because that's where as a newbie I WAS grabbing my sticks, but sadly 80% were dried out and fell apart when I smoked them. Full disclosure, I was buying discount sticks, so that may have contributed greatly to the problem, but I also had a buddy recommended I try a B&M that only sold tobacco, cigars & pipes. He said once I went into an actual B&M that'd never step back into our buddy friend w the glasses humidor again. I remembered Serious Cigars from an earlier online search and dropped in and was blown away (definitely never going back to the bunny-whose downtown humidor had a large selection, but was as temperature controlled as a closet. Talked to a sales guy once and went through numerous suggested sticks that had hard spots, knots, were brittle and dried out).

So I'm curious on two things: You sharing your thoughts and experiences w Spec's re sticks and 2) Any B&M recommendations for me to visit in the greater Houston area?

Thanks in advance.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
My fellow Texans (Houstonians),
I'm curious for feedback from you Houston BOTL or Texas guys on buying cigars from the B&M that is an actual liquor retailer. Because that's where as a newbie I WAS grabbing my sticks, but sadly 80% were dried out and fell apart when I smoked them. Full disclosure, I was buying discount sticks, so that may have contributed greatly to the problem, but I also had a buddy recommended I try a B&M that only sold tobacco, cigars & pipes. He said once I went into an actual B&M that'd never step back into our buddy friend w the glasses humidor again. I remembered Serious Cigars from an earlier online search and dropped in and was blown away (definitely never going back to the bunny-whose downtown humidor had a large selection, but was as temperature controlled as a closet. Talked to a sales guy once and went through numerous suggested sticks that had hard spots, knots, were brittle and dried out).

So I'm curious on two things: You sharing your thoughts and experiences w Spec's re sticks and 2) Any B&M recommendations for me to visit in the greater Houston area?

Thanks in advance.
Probably a good idea to head over to the introductions section, introduce yourself and read important information that all new members need to know.