Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
WOW! What could cause an explosion like this at a fertilizer plant?
Fertilizer.
I can't say I know the in and outs of the fert biz but I'm a mechanic at a place that uses lawn and tree chemicals and I know stuff called Urea is pretty potent from what I've been told. I want to say that Urea was the stuff used in the Oklahoma bombings??? Don't quote me but I think that was it. Department of Ag is always interested in our storage procedures.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Oh my...Crazy! $h!t blew up! Literally :sarcastic

WACO (April 17, 2013)--West EMS Director Dr. George Smith says as many as 60 or 70 people died and hundreds were injured Wednesday night in a fertilizer plant explosion in West.

A rescuer earlier said he knew of five deaths.

Meanwhile, emergency crews were pulling back late Wednesday night because of concerns about the possibility of a second explosion.

Emergency crews from throughout Central Texas responded just before 8 p.m. Wednesday after the first explosion at the plant in the small town north of Waco.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
check out this vid. what kind of moron takes his kid up close to video a fire at a fertilizer plant

[video=youtube;ROrpKx3aIjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ROrpKx3aIjA[/video]

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
West is about 80 miles from me here in Dallas....

Interestingly, Someone left a review on Google+ on the Plant within the last week that seems very suspicious...Not sure what to make of it, honestly...

Google this:

West Fertilizer Co near Jerry Mashek Dr, West, TX 76691