What's new

That one cigar that you really dislike / hate...

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Anything with Sumatra. That syrupy-saccharine sweetness is just nasty.

Drew Estate Kentucky Fire Cured .
100%. Fire Cured ain’t for me!

Never had a decent Quesada
This is a tragedy, because the OR Espana was delicious, and then Quesada fell off. The Espana was the most Cubanesque NC I ever smoked. I’m not just saying that either, it fooled a bunch of guys in a blind taste test on another forum. But future releases were a major letdown. Too bad.

I'll try the former and I absolutely LOVE the latter. It's one of my absolute favorites!
If chocolate is what you’re looking for, the Jericho Hill was like smoking a chocolate bar or a rich brownie. Chocolate, not cocoa.

BrendanM

Nicofiend
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lars Tetens Phat Brief XTC...Supposed to be a popular flavored cigar, so I dropped $14.25 on it.

I went in almost blind (just a quick sniff of the pigtail) only to discover it had no additional flavor.

What's more, whatever they did to this seems to have stripped it of the natural flavor of tobacco too.

I was puffing out smoke that largely tasted like oxygen. Grrr!

Phat Brief XTC part 1.jpg

Those two holes, only one of which they bothered patching did not help the burn either...

Phat Brief XTC part 2.jpg

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Lars Tetens Phat Brief XTC...Supposed to be a popular flavored cigar, so I dropped $14.25 on it.

I went in almost blind (just a quick sniff of the pigtail) only to discover it had no additional flavor.

What's more, whatever they did to this seems to have stripped it of the natural flavor of tobacco too.

I was puffing out smoke that largely tasted like oxygen. Grrr!

View attachment 161613

Those two holes, only one of which they bothered patching did not help the burn either...

View attachment 161614
On the plus side, you have one of the coolest Bic lighters I’ve ever seen (y)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
I’ve smoked a few that weren’t to my taste, and even a few that tasted like cardboard but the only one that truly turned my stomach was the Acid Kuba Kuba
Same here.
A staff member who smokes the occasional Cigar gave me 5 different Acids to try, and the 2 I tried were just terrible.
Tasted like smoking potpourri. Ended up trashing the rest. Definitely my worst Cigar ever by far

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Oliva Series G has always failed me I'm spectacular fashion. I have smoked a half dozen over the years and no amount of humidor time helps.

Ramon Bueso Genesis Connecticut and Arturo Fuente Candela wrapped cigars also make the list.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Same here.
A staff member who smokes the occasional Cigar gave me 5 different Acids to try, and the 2 I tried were just terrible.
Tasted like smoking potpourri. Ended up trashing the rest. Definitely my worst Cigar ever by far

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yup. The one Acid I tried tasted like toilet cleaner smells. Not fun.

BrendanM

Nicofiend
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...actually there have been a few things worse than a cigar completely devoid of flavor now that I think of it.

I am the big DE fanboy here, but two of those were Abrosias. I had one something like a decade back, but didn't learn my lesson and tried another.

These were so bad I've considered spending $50 on the sampler, so I can inform the world just how bad every stick is, ya know like a public service announcement or something.