What's new

The best coffee makers

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am going to buy a coffee maker for the office but I m not sure which one to purchase.

I don't wan't to spend megbucks but I don't mind spending extra for quality.

The staff definitely don't rate as connoisseurs so good utilitarian unit is fine.

Suggestions ?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd agree with Jim. I don't have one and prefer to brew my own pot, but the Keurig is easiest to use and gives the user instant coffee. I see that Costco sells them too.:bottle:

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I know that you are probably looking for a multi-cup machine, but....If you want stellar quality, single cup machine, go with the brand new CBTL Machines from Coffee Bean....Pretty awesome!

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
How many people will using the coffee pot? Single cup is nice because it's always ready to rock and they can pick what they want. It's also good, since your staff isn't picky, and the coffee isn't the greatest.

We love our Cuisinart grind n brew. It's still not the BEST pot of coffee out there, but we really enjoy the flavor and aroma of fresh ground coffee.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Plus so many people in this country like brown colored water with caffeine. The french press gives them too much flavor and then all the body sludge you get at the bottom. My wife does not like french press coffee, I make it for myself a lot though.

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Go with a Bunn that has a thermal carafe. This is the 10cup model. I brew into a 12 cup pump carafe at home and it works great.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002AKKCLK?ie=UTF8&tag=pertiltheend-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B002AKKCLK"]Amazon.com: Bunn STX Specialty 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer with Thermal Carafe: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31k66iGQKaL.@@AMEPARAM@@31k66iGQKaL[/ame]

I agree about the press pot, but I usually throw down a 4 shot americano instead of brewing then cleaning the press pot.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I agree with models featuring a thermal carafe. Much better than cooking your coffee all day on a hot plate.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am a fan of the Nespresso Expresso/Coffee Makers. They are single cup machines and you purchase the capsules from their website. Nespresso is owned by Nestle. They have several basic and advanced models. Here is one of the basic ones:

And here is the same unit with a frother:

Capsules cost about $0.55 each and are delivered within two business days. They have two types of capsules: espresso and lungo; the lungo is for a more "normal" cup of coffee.

The thing I like about the Nespress is that it has a 19mb pump so it makes great crema. And their variety of coffee (flavors and intensities) ensure that there is something for everyone.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I love my tassimo brewbot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I have had a Techni Vorm Moccamaster CD10 for about five years and it rocks. Drip coffee, its all about the brewing temp and this one brews at between 92-96. All Moccamaster's are hand made in the Netherlands
Little pricey but will last a looong time and its not a gimmick.
Check it out, actually, I'm sad to say Williams Sonoma now sells them, oh well.
http://www.technivorm.com/pages/home.htm

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I have had a Techni Vorm Moccamaster CD10 for about five years and it rocks. Drip coffee, its all about the brewing temp and this one brews at between 92-96. All Moccamaster's are hand made in the Netherlands
Little pricey but will last a looong time and its not a gimmick.
Check it out, actually, I'm sad to say Williams Sonoma now sells them, oh well.
http://www.technivorm.com/pages/home.htm
These are probably the best drip type machines but not sure how they would be in an office setting.

The Bunn thermal caraffe is a good bet but again, it really depends on how many people are going to be using the machine. If you have an office of 10 people, the Keurig is probably the best and easiest solution as you can get different coffee's/tea/hot chocolate, and is a one cup unit thus fresh all the time - nothing sitting around even if its in a thermal. Nespresso is great again but they make espresso not coffee. If you're purchasing the machine, I'm assuming its not a large group so again, go for the Keurig from Costco, they also have the pods in bulk.

Just an FYI, they have an awesome customer service dept. I lost a part when cleaning the machine and all they wanted was the serial number (that I registered with) and they sent me a new part, no questions asked even after I told them I had lost it washing the parts. G1

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've used one of these for years in the office and they are great. You don't have to brew two cups at a time unless you want to. Very easy to go to the sink fill up your cup pour it in the maker and then have it brew it right into the same cup. The cups are quite nice as well. I found mine for about 20$ new on Amazon several years so if you look around you should be able to find it cheaper than what they are advertising it for now. Footprint on your desk is very small as well.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-TTG-500-Two-to-Go-Coffeemaker/dp/B00005M1VF/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1298246525&sr=8-19"]Amazon.com: Cuisinart TTG-500 Two-to-Go Coffeemaker: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31HMTE97FNL.@@AMEPARAM@@31HMTE97FNL[/ame]