What's new

The Carnivorous Review: Don Pepin Garcia Vegas Cubana

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Carnivorous Review…What the hell does that mean? Just the meat…pretty much the flavor and the burn. Let’s get to it.

Maker: Don Pepin Garcia
Brand: Vegas Cubana
Size: Invictos (5’ X 50)
Strength: Medium-Full

The Vegas Cubana starts out with a well-balanced blend of cedar, sugar, very mild pepper, tobacco, fresh black walnuts, and a touch of fruity undertones. As the cigar progresses the sugar and the walnuts both get all good and toasty. And I detect some very light notes of nougat. After the first half, the cigar opens up in strength. And when I say open, one minute you’re puffing on a nice medium-bodied stick and the next it’s “where the hell did this buzz come from?” In the final third, I notice some nice leathery tones joined the bunch along with some coffee. I ended up smoking the thing till I damn near burned my fingers. : ) The burn was self-correcting, the draw was perfect throughout, and the ash held up pretty firm for a lil over two inches. This cigar that somehow slipped under my radar has turned out to be a pretty nice DPG. The flavors are not as intense as most DPGs, but I found myself welcoming the mellowness of the stick. Thanks for reading, TheMaduroKid : )