What's new

The child inside

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
While I was sitting in traffic this a.m. I was watching some construction equipment working on the roads and it occurred to me that I still get this child-like enchantment watching heavy equipment working. I felt like I could set up a chair and watch 'em work all day long and not get bored. I don't know what it is but I am still enthralled by them.

Is there anything out there that brings out the child in you guys?

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I'm with ya Todd.

I sat in traffic this morning staring at a crew laying fresh ashphalt and a steamroller flattening it out. Didn't mind a bit sitting in traffic.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
It definitely LOOKS fun but I can tell you, it's serious business (for the most part). Someone was killed on a job last week. Backhoe ran over a guy and cut him in half - long ways.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Heading to the mountains with friends, camping at 11,000 ft on a warm summer night, looking over an alpine lake with sunset on the mountains, fish jumping for the evening hatch, tall cool drink, freshly fired stogie, and the start of a nice campfire, dogs playing freely with no thought of leashes.

Whew! My inner child will not be restrained with such pleasure.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
N2Advnture said:
It definitely LOOKS fun but I can tell you, it's serious business (for the most part). Someone was killed on a job last week. Backhoe ran over a guy and cut him in half - long ways.
Damn Mark, now you are gonna give the child inside of me nightmares. Cunstruction sites will never look the same! Thanks! :hysterica

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
smokem94 said:
They make a shampoo that takes care of those little critters :thumbsup:
It's fairly humane :laugh:
I meant frogs, and lizards and starfish and crap like that...You must be speaking from YOUR experience....

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Comic books, baseball cards, model cars, heavy road equipment, the smell of new blacktop, motorcycles, old muscle cars with nasty-built engines, hot wheels, silly putty, play doh, Mad magazine, Lincoln logs, oh so many things... I really never grew up.