What's new

THE cigar band order INFO!!!!!!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Got this reply email tonight from the gentlmen selling the cigar bands we are all looking for again:
Justin,
Hi there. I do have leftovers and could handle a purchase of
10,000 bands. I can't provide any real discount from the listed
prices for a group buy, however. Maybe a few bucks off per thousand
as shipping would be cheaper and less work for me weighing them.

I have had a few people fill out the form and send me payment over the
last month or two, and every one has gotten bands from me, no problem.
If you want to simply tell folks to go ahead and do that, I'd be
happy to sell some more of my leftovers, I have been shipping bands to
people as they've popped up, it's not a big deal. Simply fill out the
form, submit it, and follow the instructions for payment, and I'll put
them in the mail. No worries.

Do let me know if you want to coordinate buying 10,000.

FYI, when I have bands made, I usually do 100,000 or more. The cost
per band is prohibitive at anything less than 50,000 at a time.

I'm going to let each guy order there own do to the same cost across the board.
http://www.bobramstad.com/BBB7/index.html
Here is the link needed once you order make sure you pay and they will get to you! Hes been selling these bands in group buys since 2003.:thumbsup:\
Jfire
Hope this helps guys with the bands!!!!! Now to go order!

Last edited:

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Sweet! Money sent for 1,000 bands...

Great responsiveness on this board... thanks everyone. I start a post yesterday asking about where to get bands, and next thing I know, a bunch of people are placing orders from a source with good feedback... awesome.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I am telling you guys, these are simply the best bands out there, PERIOD. Like storage devices I suggest you buy more than you think you need. Bands are inexpensive and if you label them well you go thru them quicker than you think.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Cross posted from the other thread...

I did end up shipping out bands to everyone today who has sent in a web form over the last few days. There were two guys who wanted to trade (and I've emailed them back) and one guy who had his payment docked for fees by ****** and sent the lower "non fee" amount (I sent him a refund and asked him to resend the right amount, kind of a pain, but the fee thing is a real drag too, I don't like eating them, it adds up).

I should be able to handle any other stragglers, too, at least for the next week or two, I'd think. I'd be surprised if I sold out faster than that.

Thanks for all the kind words about the bands, I appreciate it. They do rock. The manufacturer does a nice job with them.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've responded to all PM.

I'm not too concerned about running out of bands. If stocks run low, I will make a post on this thread. There has been quite a bit of interest from this board -- thanks! -- but I feel pretty confident that I will have enough for everyone.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hey all. Again, everyone who sent in a web form and also sent in payment by 11 AM Pacific today or so had their bands shipped in today's mail. (I am sorry but given the number of folks involved it's not easy for me to individually send out confirmations, tracking numbers, and all that, it's a lot of work already.)

Long story short, if you send in a web form and a payment, you should expect to see bands within a week or so, if ten days go by and you haven't gotten them, please be sure to let me know.

(If you just can't help yourself, sure, PM me after a couple of days to confirm the bands are enroute... I know, I've been there!)

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've had an increasing number of people who have asked me to add trader comments for them.

I'm a bit baffled. For starters, I can't figure out how to do it.

If someone can explain to me how to do it, I'm happy to give a positive trader comment to anyone who asks via PM once they've received the bands safely and can confirm that the transaction is satisfactory from their end.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've had some guidance on the trader comment thing, and so if you have purchased bands from me, and they've arrived and you are happy with the transaction, please PM me and ask for for a TC and I'll certainly leave one for you.

(Conversely, if you aren't happy with the bands or the transaction, PM me and let me know what's up, and I'll be happy to do what I can to make things work out for everyone.)

FYI, I'm not a cigar retailer, or tobacconist, or manufacturer of cigar bands... I'm just a cigar smoker, like everyone else... I do what I can to turn around orders for bands in a reasonable time frame, typically two business days, but I'm not a full time cigar band salesman or anything like that... I'd like to think I'm pretty reliable, but conversely, I do have a full time job, and a family.

(I think sometimes people think I'm in the industry, or have a store or something, and then if I don't respond within a few hours, or ship the same business day, that somehow things are wrong or I'm slacking.)

Hope that helps. Enjoy the rest of the evening, and I'll post when the next batch goes in the mail.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I got my bands today and they look great... thanks for the quick response and shipping, appreciate it! :)

I will leave you feedback now, would appreciate the return. Thanks bro!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Unfortunately at this point I think I have to close the offer, possibly temporarily, possibly for good.

I received an order from an individual last night for 6,000 bands. This combined with what is outstanding makes it possible that I may be out of stock soon. (If I don't have enough, I'll contact them and reduce their order appropriately, so the people who have ordered earlier will all get their bands.)

I will update this thread later with status once I know what I have left after filling the outstanding orders.

Thanks!

(For the curious, I typically have anywhere from 50,000 to 75,000 bands made up at a time, and from experience, if I sell out, it's best for me to wait for three to six months before trying to do another batch, as otherwise there aren't enough pre orders to help underwrite the whole thing.)