What's new

The Cigar Lounge, Schaumburg, IL

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Brothers - anyone been to this lounge before? A buddy/client of mine in the area told me about it. I live in Texas but I get to Chicago about once a month for business. I found out about Habana Cigar House through this site and I make it a point to visit a few times during my stay. I usually stay at the La Quinta off of Higgins in Schaumburg, this place is just a few blocks away:

The Cigar Lounge‎
1710 East Woodfield Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173
www.cigarloungeschaumburg.com

I really like Habana, great folks there! But always looking to see what the options are.

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Brothers - anyone been to this lounge before? A buddy/client of mine in the area told me about it. I live in Texas but I get to Chicago about once a month for business. I found out about Habana Cigar House through this site and I make it a point to visit a few times during my stay. I usually stay at the La Quinta off of Higgins in Schaumburg, this place is just a few blocks away:

The Cigar Lounge‎
1710 East Woodfield Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173
www.cigarloungeschaumburg.com

I really like Habana, great folks there! But always looking to see what the options are.
Nice looking lounge, but a very suspect inventory of cigars. The place is huge!!

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I go to Schaumburg often for work too but have never been to the place. I'll have to visit next time I'm there. I usually stay at the Marriott (priceline between $30-40 dollars.)

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I'm now heading to this place about every monday for a late morning/early afternoon smoke with friends. Nice lounge but pretty bland selection (as Rich said). You can go sit down, smoke what you want and not be bothered but unless there's a REASON for you to go, there are other, better places in the burbs.

You can also bring food from the outside in. That is a nice feature.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
They do not sell alcohol.

Agree with others, great, great lounge. Bland selection. I went there between meetings, brought my own smokes and bought a couple Short Story's and they didn't even blink at me. Their prices are pretty good for what they have.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Yes, they are BYOB but its not posted. You must be discreet with plastic cups or bags wrapping your libation.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Update - was in Chicagoland last week. I stopped by The Cigar Lounge on Monday night, well around 6 pm or so. There were just a few folks there. I was impressed by the decor/layout. The cigar selection was not what I would call deep - meaning they would just have a few types of a brand, although I recall them having quite a Padron selection. Prices were good. Atmosphere was nice but it's hard to judge a place by a Monday night. I specifically asked about BYOB from the gal who rang me up (and punched my cigar, nice touch BTW) and she said "no, not allowed." But in talking with one of the regulars, just keep it discreet.

I like the place, I signed up for the frequent customer program (spend $100 and get $10 credit, or something similar).

I did spend 3 nights (or was it 2?) over at Habana House, that place feels a little more like home to me.

Here's some cell phone shots of The Cigar Lounge:

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Those don't do the lounge justice. The seating area has room for 5 or 6 conversations without anyone being bothered. Its perhaps 35'x45'. The pool table area is another 20'x30'. I am there every Monday afternoon and no one has ever mentioned the frequent buyer program. Interesting...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You're right, the pix don't show the complete picture/layout well at all. The gal that rang me up mentioned it...asked me if I was signed up for something or other....

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
Those don't do the lounge justice. The seating area has room for 5 or 6 conversations without anyone being bothered. Its perhaps 35'x45'. The pool table area is another 20'x30'. I am there every Monday afternoon and no one has ever mentioned the frequent buyer program. Interesting...
Frequent buyer? I was very underwhelmed when I was there in March. I'm not sure that there were more than a handful of sticks that I would buy. Have they upgraded their stock, Craig?

jebloom22

Master Blend
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went earlier this month. The high ceilings take away from the potential warmth of the place, in my opinion. It seems they hire thin, young model types to work there, which is fine provided that they know about the selection. The girl I was talking to was certainly learning, which was acceptable, but the fact that she was walking around with a lit cigarette was a little shady. The prices are a little overpriced, and the selection was more limited than what I'm used to. The pool tables are a nice touch, the owner was friendly and accommodating. It'd certainly be nice if they put a coffee bar (or machine) in. Why not? They already have a standing popcorn maker. ...and not to be nit-picky, but they need to stick an ashtray in the bathroom. Personally, I was most impressed that they were actually selling Oliva Master Blend 3s. Sweet!