What's new

The Cigar That Got Away

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
So last night with a group of close friends I smoked one of the last one of the Jose Seijas Signature Series Perfecto's (from 2008) that I have. This was one of the best cigars I have smoked in the past six months. I remember when I purchased this, the owner of the B&M commented that this was tremendous cigar and I should have picked up a box.

Silly me, I ignored her. Flash forward to today and I am kicking myself as I should have heeded her advice.

This got me to thinking. Is there a stick out there that you feel you missed the boat on? List them here. Perhaps someone is sitting on that stick (or more) and thinks it is a meh cigar at best and maybe some targeted trades come as a result of this.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Elogio Crescent City Exclusive for "shoulda bought more."

For "missed the boat entirely," I had the chance to buy some Dunhill Mojitos when I first got into cigars. I didn't know what they were and definitely didn't have the money at the time.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
A March 2008 box of Partagas P2. They looked and smelled just incredible, but I had to sell them to afford the box I wanted (a box came available from Nov 2008, my son's birth month/year). Still regret that sale.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
A March 2008 box of Partagas P2. They looked and smelled just incredible, but I had to sell them to afford the box I wanted (a box came available from Nov 2008, my son's birth month/year). Still regret that sale.
I'm sure your son would have understood!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Four Kicks Mule Kick.

2011-12 is when I started getting back into cigars since taking quite a bit of time off after college. I'd smoke 1 or 2 cigars a year, but didn't have a humidor. After getting a humidor from a buddy I was in a B&M and had a couple in my hand, but put them back to get something else. Can't even remember what. Back then I kept myself on a budget (crazy huh ). I can still see myself putting those Mule Kicks back in the box. Man, if I could go back in time...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Arturo Fuente Unnamed Reserve 2012 (the OR). I got a 5er, but that smoke was a box purchase or 2.

Tatuaje Anarchy Apocalypse - That was a double box purchase, only got 1.

Tatuaje Mexican Project - Again only a 5er when I should've would've could've got a bundle.

Lastly La Palina Goldie Laguito No. 2 I only had one of these.

My problem is I wait way too long to smoke a cigar once it arrives. So with LEs I won't even know I want more until they're practically all gone. But at the same time had a smoked them ROTT maybe I wouldn't have felt the same about them as I did later.
I am glad I jumped on the Mule Kick when I did, that didn't get past me!

Sent from my SM-G900K using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
2005 Bolivar Corona Extra. Bought 10 a couple years back. Only ended up smoking one since my happened to smoke the others over time without me realizing. That is the Habanos I benchmark all Habanos off of.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So last night with a group of close friends I smoked one of the last one of the Jose Seijas Signature Series Perfecto's (from 2008) that I have. This was one of the best cigars I have smoked in the past six months. I remember when I purchased this, the owner of the B&M commented that this was tremendous cigar and I should have picked up a box.

Silly me, I ignored her. Flash forward to today and I am kicking myself as I should have heeded her advice.

This got me to thinking. Is there a stick out there that you feel you missed the boat on? List them here. Perhaps someone is sitting on that stick (or more) and thinks it is a meh cigar at best and maybe some targeted trades come as a result of this.
There's a B&M near me that might have that stick (maybe even boxes).

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hoped to confirm today but the B&M was closed. He has a bring big inventory of pre-2009 sticks and I know aged Jose Sejias is in the humidor. I just need to confirm it's the Signature Series, perfecto, and 2008.

LmK brother if they have that 2008 version, I'm on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Partagas Benji Homage 2013. I have 1 left that's been aging forever. It paired amazing with a 2 finger pour of Woodford Reserve on the rocks. Probably one of the best cigars I've ever smoked. I wish it wasn't a limited run of I think 1,000 cigars nationally in a one time deal.