What's new

The curse of the unbanded cigar

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I took the band off this cigar thinking I'd smoke it. Something happened and I put it back. Fast Forward 2 years and you decided to finally smoke this unbanded cigar. It is the best damn smoke you've had in months and you have absolutely no idea what it is.:scratchhe

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Maybe you can narrow it down by size, wrapper, basic flavors? I can usually tell if a cigar is mostly DR, Nic, Honduran or cuban tobacco.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
A Darker Maduro Robusto very earthy/coffee flavors. Similar to CAO Brazilia with a bit less bite. I thought it might be an NC ERDM but I'm not sure.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
cant help you with what you smoked, but i do this fairly often too and it drives me nuts!!! i have a naked one in the humi now and i have no clue what it is. best guess is a Tres Mystique.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Better that you liked it than not. I know you removed the band and returned to the dor, just another reason to use those nice blank bands. I hope you figure it our Jesse.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being somewhat of a newbie, I keep all the bands on and keep the bands from cigars that I like, that way I have proof of what I like and can find more of them at a cigar shop.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
ive got a bunch of those damn bands now and i still dont use em!!!! not used to having them!

I use them when I buy singles, 5 packs, or samplers and write the exact name, date purchased (box code if known vs date purchased) and place purchased from in case I want to buy more. Example would be a fresh Padron maduro usually will not be as good as one that is over a year old. By labeling you will better know that type of information. Some sticks with labels of a fresher cigar I might pass over for a more mature one.

I also label sticks from PIF, passes, gifts, and when I consolidate boxes. Most times I include the person that sent me the stick and will send a PM to thank them later on too. I use the bands more and more, you will too.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I took the band off this cigar thinking I'd smoke it. Something happened and I put it back. Fast Forward 2 years and you decided to finally smoke this unbanded cigar. It is the best damn smoke you've had in months and you have absolutely no idea what it is.:scratchhe

Wasn't it that Dunhill Mojito you had lying around?:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Being somewhat of a newbie, I keep all the bands on and keep the bands from cigars that I like, that way I have proof of what I like and can find more of them at a cigar shop.
No need to worry until you get like me; where my purchases are all in a database with price comparisons, reviews and details. It's about half the size of the CigarCyclopedia right now. If you get to this point it's too late to save you... <G>

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I have still yet to get into blank bands. Most of my stock is still on the younger side. But I have a few sicks that are unbanded so I will not know what I am smoking when I do.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I use them when I buy singles, 5 packs, or samplers and write the exact name, date purchased (box code if known vs date purchased) and place purchased from in case I want to buy more. Example would be a fresh Padron maduro usually will not be as good as one that is over a year old. By labeling you will better know that type of information. Some sticks with labels of a fresher cigar I might pass over for a more mature one.

I also label sticks from PIF, passes, gifts, and when I consolidate boxes. Most times I include the person that sent me the stick and will send a PM to thank them later on too. I use the bands more and more, you will too.
Not the time purchases, how you felt that day/ Lunar cycle? :rolling: :rolling: