What's new

The Dark Knight Rises

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I liked it, but wasn't blown away by it. Even within the trilogy, I preferred the Dark Knight, especially considering the impression left by Heath Ledger's iconic performance. Although I have to give Anne Hathaway props for her Catwoman.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
as far as i know, this is the LAST chris nolan bat film. but huge ups to anne hathaway! aside from being... well, anne hathaway, she nailed that character perfectly, and looked to have fun with it. she had that moral flexibility, cunning, and grace.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I liked it, but wasn't blown away by it. Even within the trilogy, I preferred the Dark Knight, especially considering the impression left by Heath Ledger's iconic performance. Although I have to give Anne Hathaway props for her Catwoman.
Could not agree more. It was a cool movie but did not top Dark Knight IMHO. Anne Hathaway was a very odd choice to me but after seeing her on screen, I couldn't have agreed more with their choice.

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Could not agree more. It was a cool movie but did not top Dark Knight IMHO. Anne Hathaway was a very odd choice to me but after seeing her on screen, I couldn't have agreed more with their choice.
Exactly, same for me too. Thought it was a great movie but the Dark Knight killed it imo.

Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Exactly, same for me too. Thought it was a great movie but the Dark Knight killed it imo.
Ditto. Interested to see how they do a spin off with the robin character.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I definitely enjoyed it. I feel that it brought everything together for the trilogy. The Dark Knight I enjoyed better, only because I think The Joker (Ledger) was the best performance. The more I watch The Dark Knight Rises, I might feel the same for Bain's performance.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Don't spoil anything for those that haven't seen the movie yet....
I think if you waited a month from when it came out, and are still reading threads about it-it's your own fault if it gets spoiled : p

It was okay, at best. It was THREE HOURS LONG. I was bored as hell by the end of it. They could have cut out every single thing to do with catwoman, made the movie shorter, and the plot wouldn't have missed it at all. The part with the Robin reveal was where I went "ahhh, there it is! Now it's setup for the next movie" Sure Chris Nolan has done his part, but as far as I know, nothing says he can't sign up for another round.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved it. Personally, I think it was the best of the trilogy. My opinion may have been somewhat affected by the fact that it was the first time that one of my children took me to see a movie, but I still thought it was amazing.