What's new

...the deaded letter...

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
I had a buddy who always had cc's delivered to him at work. One day the postmaster came with the courier and asked for him and asked if he was expecting a package. He played dumb and said no, so the postmaster delivered it over to him and said, drugs or cigars, enjoy... lol

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Wouldnt worry to much about the customs letter. OFAC on the other hand has been known to issue decent sized fines. But i do not think there have been any handed out since the Bush administration.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Wouldnt worry to much about the customs letter. OFAC on the other hand has been known to issue decent sized fines. But i do not think there have been any handed out since the Bush administration.
I wouldn't mess with OFAC.....they will shut down your bank accounts, take possession of your house, all sorts of nasty things. Thet put you on a list almost worse than the no fly list. Get a letter from them I would follow the instructions.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Helping out with advice on what to do if said letter is received is one thing but exposing a government agency for their shortcomings, lack of work ethic, and breaches of protocol is probably beyond the guidelines here, or at least should be.

It does not help our community to mock an agency that has the power to confiscate expensive shipments, levy heavy fines, and bring criminal charges against those involved. You are just poking a hornet's nest. I know they are very lenient especially with the latest approach towards U.S.-Cuba relations but this is airing out details your source probably would have liked to stay private.

It would have sufficed to let folks know to not worry too much and leave it at that.

Shrody234

Jimmy
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Helping out with advice on what to do if said letter is received is one thing but exposing a government agency for their shortcomings, lack of work ethic, and breaches of protocol is probably beyond the guidelines here, or at least should be.

It does not help our community to mock an agency that has the power to confiscate expensive shipments, levy heavy fines, and bring criminal charges against those involved. You are just poking a hornet's nest. I know they are very lenient especially with the latest approach towards U.S.-Cuba relations but this is airing out details your source probably would have liked to stay private.

It would have sufficed to let folks know to not worry too much and leave it at that.
First off, no one is mocking anyone or anything, except maybe you. And if this post offends you that much bring it to the attention of the moderators and if they feel its necessary, they can remove it. I was attempting to be helpful, that's all. Obviously your desire to troll out weighs any true concern you may have. My PM's work just fine, guess your's don't.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
First off, no one is mocking anyone or anything, except maybe you. And if this post offends you that much bring it to the attention of the moderators and if they feel its necessary, they can remove it. I was attempting to be helpful, that's all. Obviously your desire to troll out weighs any true concern you may have. My PM's work just fine, guess your's don't.
If you don't think your post is mocking said gov't agency you are seriously tone deaf. I watched the thread all day and saw no action, I assumed the mods were fine with it.

You're not the only one with this type of attitude, it is rampant. I am trying to nip this in the bud. I decided the community would benefit from a public critique. I am certainly entitled to that, after all it was you who chose a public platform. Accept the reality that if you make a public post, you might be critiqued publicly. I've been in the same sitiuation many times.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0

I tend to agree with this sentiment. Nothing good can come from this.