What's new

The Dollar Correcting

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I think we'll take everyone down with us :seesaw:
That is true. When we sneeze the world catches cold. If we get a cold the world gets pneumonia. We are the main buyers of the world's stuff. . .If we quit buying they will be toast. . .The bad news is that we are nowhere near the bottom of this crisis. . .

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I say the dollar will fall as we find out just how deep and wide the gulf of over extendedness really is.
And it has a ways to go. . .Earlier this week Carlyle Capital began having their assets seized. A week ago the Arabs said that there was not enough money in their pockets to rescue Citi Corp. Today, Bear Stearns got rescued by JP Morgan Chase and the Fed, but some economists think that is $$$ down the tubes and they will go the way of Carlyle. In less than one week Carlyle went from "we are not having liquidity problems" to insolvency. The bottom line here is that Wall Street and the Fed have been lying through their teeth. The situation is dire and Carlyle is the first run on the bank. . .The lying is to prevent panic, but being one generation removed from the Great Depression, I am not convinced that we are not headed for some version of Round II. . .:popeyes:

Personally, I think we are in for some serious financial pain that will last 18 - 36 months. . .I hope I am wrong. . .:dunno:

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I'll have to start hoarding gold under my mattress.
As long as you already own it, Rich. . .I am not sure buying it at current prices is a good thing. . .:dunno: Prices and volatility right now are kind of scary. What good is gold if nobody can buy it?

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
It's going to get a lot worse. I think this is just the tip of the iceberg. I just filled my company truck with diesel at $4.06 a gallon. and gas will soon average $4 a gallon. It is getting ugly.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well here we are in August and the dollar has taken a mild upswing against the Euro which was a welcome sight. The markets are starting to stabilize and gas prices are falling ever so slightly. One more smack in the face (Labor Day weekend) with higher prices and then I bet we'll see a substantial drop. Fortunately we never made it to the full recession mark, that's at least a little encouraging.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
We'll see if it lasts. We really need a rate hike of a quarter point for these market changes to last. I say "drill drill drill" and "king dollar" should be at the top of the agenda.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Because of the growth of the Euro, the world banks are having to buy large quantities of the money, thus raising the worth of them above where it should be. That said, once the world banks get their enough of them, the demand of that currency will go down thus taking the floor out of it. Just like what happened to Japan in the 80s. :applause:

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
With respect, a lot more than world banks buying a currency goes into the value of a currency.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Man the dollar has been on a roll! We're supposedly going to come out of the economic downturn before EU or the UK. The EU won't cut rates and they have inflation that needs to be in check. The UK said they expect a downturn ahead. If we raise rates before them then king dollar might be here for a while.

The stock market could get the capitulation it needs to come out of the sideways trading it has been doing for a while. If the Fed/Treasury takes over Fannie/Freddie then that could relieve a lot of investors worries.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Man the dollar has been on a roll! We're supposedly going to come out of the economic downturn before EU or the UK. The EU won't cut rates and they have inflation that needs to be in check. The UK said they expect a downturn ahead. If we raise rates before them then king dollar might be here for a while.

The stock market could get the capitulation it needs to come out of the sideways trading it has been doing for a while. If the Fed/Treasury takes over Fannie/Freddie then that could relieve a lot of investors worries.
Damn, Cliff! Who knew you had a finance degree! I'm backing you for Sec. of Treasury!!!

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
The dollar is on a roll again! The move against the euro in the past couple weeks has been awesome.