What's new

The Drac about a year later

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
The Drac
So I sit outside with my neighbor when possible and we catch up and smoke cigars. So I reached in and picked up my last of 2 Drac's from last year.

OVERALL APPERENCE
The color was still good and there were no blimishes in it. The only thing to note was it was a little soft in some spots.

Once I lit it it up I got my usual Tat full flavor that I am use to seeing. The first third was this way and it then went a little flat for me. I am note sure if it was me or the cigar(I was drinking a Double IPA). During the last third the same flavors and strenght that I like in my Tats came out again for me and I finished it in just over an hour.

I think these are getting better from when I smoked my other one in May and they will continue to do so for some time. If you can find them I would say buy them and smoke them.......

Attachments

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Thanks for the update review! I'm planning to do the Drac the day before Halloween. I think I'm going to do the Boris TODAY because I just can't wait :)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
These are coming along rather well. I'm going to smoke one at night at see if it changes in character:wink:

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I saw a ton of negative stuff hit the internet about this blend last year. Honestly, I was not really heavy into this culture before last year. I went and bought some of the Halloween sticks last year, bought some when my local shop dropped a stash in March and really enjoyed both the Drac and the Boris on both smokes. I did not have the vapor problems associated with the Dracs though. I'll be honest, after the negative flack that came up with the tubo reviews I was thinking about not trying them, but I bought several, smoked a few right out and put the rest back for 6 months, and they have drastically changed.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
These are coming along rather well. I'm going to smoke one at night at see if it changes in character:wink:
Hahaha! Careful if you get 'bitten' by these at night. You might develop a bad jones for 'em. Anyways, seems that quite a few of 'em are popping up all over the place at close to OR prices.

Used to be the top nc's were awesome smoked fresh and cc's needed a few years to bring out their true character. With some 09 and later cc releases smoking great and pete's le releases needing some age, the old paradigms don't hold anymore. :scratchhe

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I ended up selling all the ones I had cause they tasted NASTY to me. The best ones were the first few I smoked (maybe). I'm not sure how these ever got rated in people's top ten? Different strokes I say. I would pay for a Boris over this any day even if it was given to me for free.