What's new

The Edge

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This cigar looked great. It had a beautiful brown, oily wrapper. After clipping, the pre-light draw was a bit firm for my taste. None the less, I sparked it up. The burn was nice and even all the way through. The cigar was full bodied, but not in a way I care for. This part is hard to explain. It tasted like it was trying too hard to be a strong cigar. It just wasn't right. I'm sorry to say I didn't care for this stick all that much.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I enjoy these, especially for $5 in the store. I can see what you mean about them trying to be full-bodied. That might be what I like about them. They give me enough flavor without being too over powering. I haven't had the corojo yet, might have to give that a try.

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I appreciate the Honest review, some folks can be reluctant to share disappointing experiences!

I reviewed this Smoke awhile back on another BB, but with quite different results.

Mine too was the Toro Maduro. It was a Well executed cigar with a dark and Oily Wrapper. It was firm and solid throughout. The burn was even and the ash was light grey and held on 1.5 to two inches. What I liked most was the fact that it had Both Power and Flavor. Many cigars try for both and rarely achieve it. For a reasonably priced cigar it did Both for Me.
I've tried a couple more since then and Have yet to experience any burn or construction issues. I know that They do sell a "Seconds" version, I would expect some issues there. But, I cannot confirm that. My experiences Have been Super!

I'll have to try the Corojo nd the Torps too.

Thanks again for listing You Experience!

slack

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I got two in a sampler i picked up on Cbid a while back. Unfortunately, my package was redirected all over the midwest during some hot days. By the time it got to me the damage was done. Thanks for the review of what I might have had.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Hambo said:
I got two in a sampler i picked up on Cbid a while back. Unfortunately, my package was redirected all over the midwest during some hot days. By the time it got to me the damage was done. Thanks for the review of what I might have had.
That stinks...the sticks that far gone when you got them?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Call them up. I had some cracked foots. I told them about it and they mailed me out some new cigars as well as emailed me a return postage ticket. I had new cigars in 2 days and mailed the old ones back to them.

Hambo

I'm Cigar-a-licious
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the advice. I actually already tossed them. It was only $20 and I got a travel humidor so I'm not that upset. Hopefully there won't be a next time.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I LOVE these! Nobody should ever judge a cigar based on a single stick. I would suggest that you try at least one more. There is no guarantee that you will like it, since everyone's taste is different, but at least you will have given it more of a fair chance

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
The edge I was not impressed with but the smaller version, the missle was great! Just my opinion, not saying that mine is the correct opinion, but that's just me!!!