What's new

The Face showing its ash!

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well, I fully intended to smoke this yesterday, but between all the kids, buddies, and beer I didn't have time.

I lit up today and I was prepared to be greeted by a powerhouse. I was kinda let down, but it had nice flavor at least. Things got interesting when it wouldn't ash for the first two inches. I thought to myself...I wonder how long I could milk this... After every couple puffs, I gave it 1/4 turn to keep it even.

At nearly three inches, I grabbed my phone thinking it was near the end...

I have always been a firm believer that the length a cigar holds its ash is a direct representation of not only the buncher's uniformity and wrapper's skill, but also the quality of leaf involved. As it reached a few puffs into the band, the ash started its downward journey.

Call me crazy, but I don't totally dig this cigar. Maybe I'm still jacked from the nasal flu vaccine, but I was expecting something that wasn't quite there. I'll let them sleep for a good while and give them a revisit down the road. :grin:

Fun Times!

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Thanks for the review bro. I had a very similar experience. I also have bit of a cold and sore throat but the stick seemed totally one dimensional and even a little bitter. I will have to try again when I'm feeling better. Either way some time will definitley help these!