What's new

The food you wish you could eat

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am in the midst of a hellish, super low carb diet which will last another 6.5 weeks until I complete the Insanity workout program. Needless to say, I am constantly thinking about food. Specifically, the delicious foods that I can't eat right now. But I can talk about these foods all I want, dammit! Ain't no calories in that!

If I could, right now I would sit down to a big old plate of biscuits and sausage gravy, hash browns, and bacon. A gigantic frosty mug of Shiner Bock to wash it down, and a honking slice of chocolate cream pie for dessert.

So, fellow dieters or otherwise healthy eating folks...whatcha got?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
My metabolism allows me to eat anything... my acid reflux does not. Too much red pasta sauce can make the reflux kick in, bummer because I love pasta but it’s pretty easily manageable - what really bothers me is that I can only drink so much coffee before it starts to mess with my stomach.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I live on a low carb diet and a simple pleasure for me is crackers and butter. Kind of got beyond the cravings for sugar, ice cream, pasta and white bread but I still miss my weekly fried oyster poboy dressed all the way with extra tarter.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I am in the midst of a hellish, super low carb diet which will last another 6.5 weeks until I complete the Insanity workout program. Needless to say, I am constantly thinking about food. Specifically, the delicious foods that I can't eat right now. But I can talk about these foods all I want, dammit! Ain't no calories in that!

If I could, right now I would sit down to a big old plate of biscuits and sausage gravy, hash browns, and bacon. A gigantic frosty mug of Shiner Bock to wash it down, and a honking slice of chocolate cream pie for dessert.

So, fellow dieters or otherwise healthy eating folks...whatcha got?
I has biscuits and gravy, some cubed / fried potatoes, and some sausage yesterday for breakfast (business meeting). Just thought I’d share, LOL.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I live on a low carb diet and a simple pleasure for me is crackers and butter. Kind of got beyond the cravings for sugar, ice cream, pasta and white bread but I still miss my weekly fried oyster poboy dressed all the way with extra tarter.
Oh man. An oyster/shrimp combo poboy would be pretty darn good right now.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I'm pretty low carb since ending "official" Keto some time back. I don't eat most bread, rarely eat pasta (although I love brown rice noodles with spicy marinara). I don't miss bread too often, but I get hankerings for pasta and pizza often. I think I have had pizza maybe 3 times in the last year.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Apparently steak fingers with French fries, Texas toast and cream gravy from Dairy Queen as that is what my son wants for dinner. Meanwhile the old man will be enjoying yet another chicken breast with salsa and veggies on top. :cautious:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You know you are only making it worse thinking about it. Constant temptation doesn't help either.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You know you are only making it worse thinking about it. Constant temptation doesn't help either.
It's so true. I'm actually (for the moment) sorta enjoying eating well. Had shrimp, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli for lunch after absolutely crushing the morning workout. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of my efforts and sacrifices in another six weeks. Almost as much as I'm looking forward to that first cheat meal...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My loving wife brought home a Chantilly cake for a birthday. Do I hurt her feelings and not have a piece or do I watch my numbers go through the roof?

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My loving wife brought home a Chantilly cake for a birthday. Do I hurt her feelings and not have a piece or do I watch my numbers go through the roof?
Oooooh man. Chantilly is in my top three cakes along with tres leches and black forest cake. Hard to pass that up.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Though...if one must eat solely meat, veggies, and protein powder for the next six weeks...one should occasionally indulge in the highest quality meat :D

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I gave in last night and ate Khorma curry with lamb, almonds, raisins, figs, and enough basmati rice to fuel a mild carb bloat.
I applaud your forthrightness. And that sounds delicious. Throw in some roti and gulab jamun and I'm on board.