What's new

The KFC Controversy!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks, Hosh. Great read.

I've not had any interest in this cigar up to now. Still don't, I guess. But, I never cease to be amazed at JD. There is nobody in the industry that is so committed and so connected to his consumers. Maybe not in any industry. It is typically impossible to learn much of anything about construction or make-up of a cigar from any other manufacturer. It always seems to be such a mystery. Not so with DE. JD and his crew have always been very upfront about how they source their tobacco, how they construct their cigars and even details about availability and pricing. No matter what you think about their cigars or their price points or their 'fandom'.....you cannot deny that JD is a huge credit to our community and the industry.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also just want to say that from a PR stand point, JD handled the "fanboy" comments very well.

I can't tell if he is just naturally good at PR (aka just being genuine when coming from a good place), if he is being very calculated in his responses, or if he just has that New York sort of way with words or just a mix of all 3.

Either way, the guy can talk if you get him on a roll and he will tell you some very interesting stuff.

I have nothing but the highest respect for him.

In one interview I watched, the interviewer referred to him as "The Elvis of cigar makers"....JD looked puzzled, corrected the guy and said "I'm more like the RZA of cigar making"

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
While I applaud JD for his innovation and progressive stance, he won't make a dime from me on this release. Doesn't appeal to me at all.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a Homer Simpson-crayon-in-the-brain situation. Do you like the smoke? If you do will this make you stop liking it or smoking it? I rarely see anyone complaining about betun or the use of double binders to cover up mixed fillers.

If you enjoy it, smoke it. Bottom line.