What's new

The King is dead.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Man was there soul in his playing.
I'm getting the chills just thinking about his music, who it reached, and how it helped progress/change the blues.
He will be missed!

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
RIP to the King. Being from Memphis he holds a special place in my heart. I'm also a huge blues fan so it's tenfold. I had the privilege of seeing him play at his own BB Kings bar and restaurant on Beale St here in Memphis twice. I was hoping for another for a few years now but he will most definitely be missed. The Grizzlies have a big game tonight and I'm hoping for a victory to celebrate as well as celebrating his life. A "King is Dead" and a Tenn Waltz seem to be the perfect sticks to employ

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I had the pleasure of seeing him live when I was in high school. I'm not a big concert person (I honestly tend to get bored, regardless of how good the show is), but BB King was fantastic. You could feel how genuine he was, how much he loved the music, and he seemed to genuinely appreciate the audience. I think he played until 2am or something crazy. By far the best concert I've been to.

RIP, sir.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Definitely lost a legend, but he worked hard to share his music with as many people as possible for as long as he could. Had the Pleasure of seeing him live last year, I just wish I could have sooner.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BB King was a Blues legend. He's one guitarist where you can easily identify his playing, it is unmistakable. He will be missed, that's for sure. R.I.P.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I have listened to this song maybe a 1000k maybe more. I really think it's one of the greatest compilations ever produced. And since Joel high jacked the Bose radio at the TN Herf before I had a chance to play it. Please enjoy it several times right now. RIP Mr King.

May you be playing Lucille with here new 24k fret board!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have listened to this song maybe a 1000k maybe more. I really think it's one of the greatest compilations ever produced. And since Joel high jacked the Bose radio at the TN Herf before I had a chance to play it. Please enjoy it several times right now. RIP Mr King.

May you be playing Lucille with here new 24k fret board!
One of my first blues albums was BB and Bobby Blue Bland live. double album that still is one of my fav's.