What's new

The Last Airbender

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Looks like another "must see" movie!

This is where Litto came up with the name for his cigar, not this particular movie but because of Martial Arts "Airbenders!"

The Last Airbender

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I haven't been able to decide on this movie yet. On the one hand it could be awesome, but on the other I think it could be disappointing.

Dan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is where Litto came up with the name for his cigar, not this particular movie but because of Martial Arts "Airbenders!"
It's the only quote I have from Litto on the subject

"But Gomez gave us a different explanation. “When we smoke, we bend the air,” he said. “You can see smoke split the air as it leaves a cigar. That’s why I thought ‘Air Bender’ would be a perfect name for my newest line.”
"

stogieguys

Not sure if the movie will be good my friend wants to see it and she is obsessed with the cartoon but I could never get into it. Might go see it though.

Last edited:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
It's the only quote I have from Litto on the subject

"But Gomez gave us a different explanation. “When we smoke, we bend the air,” he said. “You can see smoke split the air as it leaves a cigar. That’s why I thought ‘Air Bender’ would be a perfect name for my newest line.”
"

http://www.stogieguys.com/2010/03/03112010-cigar-insider-litto-gomez-of-la-flor-dominicana.html

Not sure if the movie will be good my friend wants to see it and she is obsessed with the cartoon but I could never get into it. Might go see it though.
Thanks for sharing the info my friend, I for one had not heard his explanation, only what I had read in C.A.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I haven't been able to decide on this movie yet. On the one hand it could be awesome, but on the other I think it could be disappointing.

Dan
Yea I agree with this. Hollywood can really ruin a good thing. I was really dissapointed with the Last terminator movie big time. Took an epic and to a real low.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
His son ( a Rep in FL) told me that Lito named it for his youngest sons fav. cartoon?? (avatar: the last airbender)

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
The cartoon series is awesome so I have very high expectations for this movie. Based on the few previews I have ssen so far, it looks like it might be pretty darn good.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i have to admit this looks pretty good. But I am very weary of any movie the M. Night Shamalan makes. Sixth Sense was good. The rest were the same movie. And his last 3 films (the Village, Lady in the Water, and The Happening) could be on my all time worst movie list. I remember seeing a preview for this last year and then at the very end its said directed by m night shamalan, and I was like "aw damn this is gonna suck." a long build up for a crappy twist ending.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Cigarmaker Litto Gomez has turned to his love of Kung Fu movies to name his latest creation. The La Flor Dominicana Air Bender, a strong cigar named for martial artists with super powers, will hit store shelves in about one month.

“I think when we smoke we’re bending the air,” said Gomez this afternoon. “That’s what I think when I’m smoking. The names are all related to warriors and epic characters.”

Cigar Aficionado

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
i have to admit this looks pretty good. But I am very weary of any movie the M. Night Shamalan makes. Sixth Sense was good. The rest were the same movie. And his last 3 films (the Village, Lady in the Water, and The Happening) could be on my all time worst movie list. I remember seeing a preview for this last year and then at the very end its said directed by m night shamalan, and I was like "aw damn this is gonna suck." a long build up for a crappy twist ending.
Well, if they stick to the storyline of the cartoons we won't have to endure any trademarks plot twists.

Fingers crossed.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I have the benefit of having never seen the cartoons, so I won't be comparing the movie. But, being an M Night film, it's probably going to be very slow.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
The cartoon series is awesome so I have very high expectations for this movie. Based on the few previews I have ssen so far, it looks like it might be pretty darn good.
My kids thought I was such a geek for watching the series religiously. I have the entire series on DVD. Can't wait to see this.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I too watched the whole thing with my son (my wife even beat the video game lol). I can't wait to see it, especially since it's being done by one of my favorite directors!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigarmaker Litto Gomez has turned to his love of Kung Fu movies to name his latest creation. The La Flor Dominicana Air Bender, a strong cigar named for martial artists with super powers, will hit store shelves in about one month.

“I think when we smoke we’re bending the air,” said Gomez this afternoon. “That’s what I think when I’m smoking. The names are all related to warriors and epic characters.”

Cigar Aficionado

Ah cool thanks for clearing that up

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I too watched the whole thing with my son (my wife even beat the video game lol). I can't wait to see it, especially since it's being done by one of my favorite directors!
Looks like the action scenes are gonna be great!! (just from previews)
If the rest of the movie has good acting, and good dialogue... I'm sold!

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I saw this trailer quite some time ago and have been pumped ever since to watch this movie I'm just hoping all the movie has to offer isn't the trailer.

Posted via Mobile Device