What's new

The Masters....

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
While you are all at work tomorrow I will be eating free food and drinking free drinks at the Masters.....

Going to the first practice round, from what everybody says it is more fun than a regular round b/c it is less crowded and everybody is more relaxed...

If I can get my camera in there i will post some pictures later this week.....

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Nice!!

I volunteer at the Booz Allen tournament in MD. It's pretty cool hanging out with all of the golfers. One thing you realize is how incredibly far these guys drive the ball to how big they are. I mean, other than Tiger, Vijay and Els, most of the golfers are are between 5-6 and 5-8 in height and just blast the ball. It's really amazing, the drive distance:weght ratio.

The funniest thing I've experienced was when Sergio was doing autographs while walking between holes, and he was just finished when a girl came running up to get one last autograph and he turned her down. The girl's mother spoke, in a very audible tone, and I am not making this up, "Why you little punk!"

Anyhow, enjoy your time.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
Have a great time Clay! Going to The Masters is number 1 on my wish list for sporting events I need to attend before I take my dirt nap. I haven't tracked this in a few years but it use to be the toughest ticket in sports. Someday I will find a way there. The start of the year for me is The Masters!!!

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Golf is so boring to me if I'm not playing it. Put it on golf during a lazy Sunday afternoon and I'm out in 15 min. :hysterica

But CONGRATS!!! :thumbsup:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
No pictures but the course is AMAZING.... absolutely beautiful... It was my first time and my dads 5th maybe.... Going to a practice round would most likely be the only way that I would go, It is insane there on tournament days absolutely insane....

But we can usually come across tickets every year so if somebody is willing to travel just let me know... it just so happened that we got the practice round this year...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Glad you had a good time. I bet those courses are even more amazing in person than they are on TV.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Didn't know you were a golfer. The Masters is one of those incredible life time experiences. The course is phenominal. Glad you had a good time.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The biggest difference in TV and in person are the greens... on tv it looks like there are some flat places but hell no I think the Tee boxes are the only things flat on that whole damn course....

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
tobby4 said:
The biggest difference in TV and in person are the greens... on tv it looks like there are some flat places but hell no I think the Tee boxes are the only things flat on that whole damn course....
I bet, all that detail gets lost. Plus the cameras add ten pounds to the grass blades so....