What's new

The Most Amazing Coffee

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Ethiopian Unwashed Sidamo - Finchewa Cooperative - Ecafe Winner #6

This is my first reaction, minutes after trying this coffee (as posted on another website)

Oh....my! I think I just had a spiritual experience.
Opening this bag of beans, with about 24 hours rest, released sweet fruit flavors that I couldn't begin to describe. Grinding let fly even more. I can't even say that it smelled like coffee at all except for when I first pulled the bin from the grinder. I measured some into my drip machine and as soon as the coffee started cascading from the scoop....booom....fruit again. Loads of it. Passion fruit is the only thing that comes to mind.
Brewing made the kitchen smell wonderful. The steam rising as I poured into cups was pure heaven. I poured some into a 2oz shot glass to sort of "cup" with and also a mug to have with, don't hate me, half&half (what can I say, I like it). This is no doubt the most unique coffee I have ever tried. Very light, clean and yes, again, sweet, fruity. Not as much body as I usually prefer but I don't care. I think I did more smelling than drinking anyway. It just got better and better as it cooled.
I tend to give a lot of coffee away to friends and family but I'm glad I haven't mentioned this coffee to too many people. I think I want to be selfish and keep it all to myself. It that horrible? Who am I kidding. I've got to share at least some of this or else no one will believe me when I tell them about it.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Green Coffee Cooperative. It's was a winner in the ECafe Competition. It was so sought after by co-op members that they had to hold a lottery to distribute it as fairly as possible.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Todd, I've got a lot of roasting to do before the holidays but afterwards I'll get you a sample. I want to play around with the roast level some. I think it will shine even more at a lighter roast.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I think Dan was telling me about them today. I also found out unclebeanz is brewed in NJ about 30 minutes from me.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I haven't had Unclebeanz coffee but I am familiar with him from another website. He definitely knows his stuff about coffee and I have no doubt that his beans are fantastic.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
windowrx said:
I haven't had Unclebeanz coffee but I am familiar with him from another website. He definitely knows his stuff about coffee and I have no doubt that his beans are fantastic.
It would be a perk since I can use first class mail and have beans the next day.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I tried some of this yesterday morning (thanks again Brian!) and had to smell it brewing. I ended up standing there sniffing it to the last drop. Glad no one else was around or the might have serious questions of what I was doing! :rofl:

I'm far from a coffee cognoscenti but it was almost too fruity in taste. Very delicious!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
It's definitely different and not everybody's cup of tea (coffee?). I'm glad to have had the chance to try such a unique coffee and share it with some others though.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I saw an unwashed Ethopian on Friday.
He was standing on the corner with a sign that read "Free Sidamo".
I thought he was protesting the Iraq war and just didn't know how to spell ...:dunno:

ATCDub

Lowly Civil Servant
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I love this coffee, but it's so unlike any other coffee I've ever had. It's almost like they created a new drink entirely.