What's new

The new boli gold medals

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a limited or regular production? Do you guys think these will reach the heights of the old gold medals? Worth it to buy now?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Limited production. I believe it's already sold out, so if you don't have some coming you'll either be without or stuck paying secondary market prices which will most likely get fairly steep.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
The Germans are ahead of the English on the "market-specific" smokes, however. In fact, they have taken it a step further. A cigar shop in Cologne, La Casa del Habano, has just reintroduced the Bolivar Gold Medal in packs of ten. The lonsdale-sized smoke, with a 42 ring, hasn't been made since the 1980s.

I haven't smoked one of the new ones, but the packaging alone, which was copied exactly down to the bright gold foil inset, is to die for. The cigars sell for 16 euros (about $21) each. All are made in the Partagas factory. Only 1,000 boxes were made.

"Partagas made the blend according to the original," said Christoph Wolters, who manages the shop in Cologne and oversaw the production of the new cigar. Wolters is the same man who had the Partagas factory produce the Salomon II in 1996, which is a legend among cigar aficionados.

Wolters is one of the best-connected tobacco men in the Cuban cigar business. He convinced the Partagas factory to discreetly make a limited production of the Salmones in the mid-1990s. Only 5,000 of the large shaped cigars were produced. They are sold in individually numbered, specially designed wooden humidors (all different in style) with two bundles of 25 cigars each. They cost about $10,000 each in the beginning and continue to sell for about the same price at auction and from private individuals.

So -- thankfully for Cuban cigar lovers -- Wolters is back at it again. "We ordered these as special-production Gold Medals two years ago," added Wolters. "The Gold Medal was one of the great Cuban cigars. I just had to have it made again."
From a C.A. article...The LCdH in Germany ordered them just for themselves.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jckposter said:
They opened it back up today..get them fast............Boxes coming to Bama...

Yup, hence the thread. $350 to your door. Gonna have to pass ](*,) wife would just kill me, had them in the cart -couldnt pull the trigger. In 5 years im gonna shoot myself for it :smt076 :smt076 ](*,)

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
mr.c said:
Yup, hence the thread. $350 to your door. Gonna have to pass ](*,) wife would just kill me, had them in the cart -couldnt pull the trigger. In 5 years im gonna shoot myself for it :smt076 :smt076 ](*,)
I know what you mean. I paced around my place for 15 min before I finally decided to pass.
](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Comes to about $294 shipped after VAT is removed. Even then, pretty expensive for an unproven cigar. The tasting notes Wolters put up for this cigar don't seem like the BGM of old I have had.

Wonderful draw, great craftmanship and a sweet and rich smoke yet not overpowered. The cuban took a very wise decision in making a highly balanced cigar instead of one which is just a smokable sledgehammer.
Could be a classic though, all of Wolters special production runs are excellent.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coppertop said:
LOL I wish I could afford these, 350 bucks for 10 sticks is just too much.

The really sad part is that I wouldnt even smoke 'em, if I had em. :-&

Boxdoctor

Jefe de la Herf
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were originally quoted at 160 E / box...too rich for my blood but I would be in for a fiver. Anyone, Bueller :smt100

jckposter

EX Cigar Police.....
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Boxdoctor said:
They were originally quoted at 160 E / box...too rich for my blood but I would be in for a fiver. Anyone, Bueller :smt100

pm me.................................

jckposter

EX Cigar Police.....
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
2 x No. 658(EUR 245.00) Special made: BGM bx of10 (Partagás)

Sum: USD 637.00
Shippingcosts: USD 32.50
Total Sum| (- VAT): USD 669.50

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jckposter said:
2 x No. 658(EUR 245.00) Special made: BGM bx of10 (Partagás)

Sum: USD 637.00
Shippingcosts: USD 32.50
Total Sum| (- VAT): USD 669.50

ummm do you need my address :smt102 LOL.....

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Kingston said:
I know what you mean. I paced around my place for 15 min before I finally decided to pass.
](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)
Well sadly I am dead meat!! =; :smt021 I paced around and all and just figured hey can you really afford to pass these up. :smt102 Its like a once in a lifetime oppurtunity I hope atleast it turns out that way!! I just hope the Mrs. will still :smt058 afterwards!! :smt022