What's new

The new "EP Carrillo"

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
epc.JPG

Sorry about the cell phone pic but it's just to dang cold for my camera.

Ernesto Perez-Carrillo, creator of La Gloria Cubana cigars,has launched a new brand, EP Carrillo from the Dominican Republic blends perfectly with Nicaraguan tobacco to deliver a medium-bodied cigar that features rich and creamy flavors.

Ok, it's been a while since I did a review but this cigar compeled me in such a way, I felt it was well deserved.

As the discription says it is a medium body cigar but it carries good weight in it's Robusto size and still delivered a full Hour and a half smoke. On the light it hit good with a spicy caramel apple taste and settled down to maybe a maple and nutmeg, however it still had a very creamy spice too it.
Half way through and this cigar has changed it's flavors again. Coffee and caramel spice seem to hit the taste buds but now I'm confused, because the flavor changes so fast I feel like I don't have enough time to pin-point the taste.
On the last leg I feel it has dominated with the creamy spice jumping back and forth between apple, caramel, and coffee. It burned clean and I smoked it to the nub without much problem.
My only complaint about this cigar was it was packed solid and the punch I made in the end was not enough for a proper draw, so I cliped it and had no problem from there.

IMHO about this cigar I would say it's very "Eligant" and would probibly be enjoyed most after eating a good steak. It is soooo smooth and creamy I swear I was smoking a sort of pipe tobacco product. It still has that cigar feel to it but the flavors and aroma hit me like pipe tobacco and that's really the only way I can desribe it.
At $13.00 bucks a pop, I not sure it warrents but one things for sure...The taste was very, very nice.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I liked the one I had as well. I would smoke another right now if I had it. I'm having some morning coffee and since it is a rather mild, yet a cigar with great depth of flavors, I think it would go nicely.

swat253

CRA Member #206760
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Thanks for the review.

Just bought a couple of EPC Inaugurals from elderboy02 - can't wait to try 'em!